This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell is Recalling 4.1 Million Laptop Batteries

I just found this article and thought I would pass it on since I know a number of members use laptops and probably use Dells. I don't want anyone hurt if it really is a possibility.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...tm?POE=TECISVA
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Too bad they're not recalling all their crappy computers back. They're all defective just for having four big ass letters slapped on it. Wanta guess what those letters spell
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I have Dell laptop and desktop. Never any problems. Glad my XPS laptop battery isn't on the list. Whew! And it's also not just a Dell problem, the batteries are Sony and used in numerous laptops.

* Forgot to add...mine are NOT entry-level PCs, maxxed out EVERYTHING! Getting ready to move to Alienware. (which Dell bought).
      Last edited by stickycoins; 08-16-2006, 06:18 AM.
      USN Retired

Comment

I have a Dell Inspiron 2200 and ran a check earlier today by running the numbers on the laptop battery to see if it was part of the recall.

Luckily, it wasn't. But then I haven't had any problems in the 2 months I've had this computer.

*knock on wood*
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Yup, Just look where Lithium is on the periodic table. Amazing they can mass produce something that uses something that chemically reative. You can do lots of fun things with old Lithium batteries that make a "BOOM". But having your laptop set your pants on fire is something I think we all want to avoid.
          "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Mmmmmmmmm....Molten lithium burns on legs... *Drools like Homer Simpson*

J/K...I saw the shots of that thing going up...Man, that's intense...& sucks for the owner too I guess.
            "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Been a Dell user for a while and turns out my old laptop is on there - Inspiron 8600. I'll run the serial number against the list to be sure.

But yeah, never had issues. Just got me a new, beautiful Inspiron E1405, portable but powerful, comparable to the desktop I have (HP, no issues either, hand-modded). The old one was sold to my mom, who also has no issues whatsoever.
              Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of the blanket nest.

Comment

Working...
              X