X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqua Dots Eaten by 20 Month Old

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_...00010000000001

Aqua Dots, made in China, has a substance, that when swallowed acts like a date rape drug.

My daughter has been asking for this toy. There's not many things out on the shelves that seem to be safe anymore.

That's why I say give em a doggy bone, some rope, a mannequin(sp?) and show em the movie 300.

Comment

My daughter is 4. We do have the movie 300 on our DVD shelf though. However, the only thing she'll actually sit down to watch on DVD is Pokemon. Go figure.

Comment

Aqua Dots Eaten by 20 Month Old

Yet another injury caused by parents who weren't watching their child:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/223...php?cl=4932205

The reason I say this is because in the video when questioned, the child's mother says "we saw him stumble out of his sister's room around 4:40PM" so I guess they just let the kid wander around.... I'm waiting for them to sue Aqua Dots now.
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
        --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

There was actually a voluntary recall on them because the company that makes them also makes a similar product in Australia and it turns out those tested positive for a date-rape drug.

Edit: Gah! Merged threats hurt!
          Last edited by lordlundar; 11-09-2007, 04:41 AM.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

It turns into GHB? Known colloquially as GBH, definately not a good thing, thats a damn scary drug. Seeing as this is a waterbased item and we are around 70% Water, did it it not cross anyones mind to test it? Evidently not.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

It's made in China, so god only knows what was going on there.

I mean apart from the company thinking "Profits, mmm"
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Seems all toys from China these days are just dangerous and waiting to hurt our children.

Let's just stop ordering shit from China, shall we? Quite frankly, I'm surprised there isn't a huge Mothers Against China group out yet from all the lead toys.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  Let's just stop ordering shit from China, shall we? Quite frankly, I'm surprised there isn't a huge Mothers Against China group out yet from all the lead toys.
                  i forgot where i read this, but somewhere, iread how that would be near impossible, or extremely hard, due to the fact that we get so much from china. the article i read, recommened getting your food locally, or food manufactured in the US(article is from the US). personally, though, i am going to check all the toys im buyin my son for christmas. if its from china, then i may think twice about buying it. i don't know how easy that is going to be though.

i have nothing against china. but with all these recalls, it really scares me as a parent.

Comment

Yeahd efinately. Ever go looking through the store and see how much stuff is made in china on it? Sad sick and disgusting actually. Not to mention pop the hood of your car and see where all the parts come from if you can.

Its really sad to see how much stuff is no longer made in america. Your food, your car parts, your electronics, your clothes, your furniture, most of it is all made overseas or across the border. Its getting wher eyou have to look for stuff made in america and its a unique or speciality item it seems like.

I'm going to be going to the local Amish store (well not really local but within 10 miles is considered local to me) and picking up the kids toys for christmas this year. They have this beautiful wooden train set made here in Ohio for 30 bucks. And a nice hand sewn doll for 20 among other nice things.

Comment

the video said nothing about a child hitting his head, unless we are watching two different videos. i looked on yahoo, and i think i found the video you may be talking about. they said they found evidence of the beads, in his throw up, and the doctor also said they looked for other causes.

i know they said he fell down, but if i heard they also said he was acting weird BEFORE falling down. theyve already done tests on this, and it has affected five kids around the world. Because five children ate these,and ALL had the same symptoms,and nobody reported them hitting their heads,i don't think it was a concussion. i think it would be too big of a coincidence. think of it....five children, in two different countries, eat these, then all fall down and get concussions? after acting weird,as though they are drunk?

plus, ive heard that they've proven the effect of aqua dots in the body.

yes, your child had some of these symptons when they had a concussion, but i think these are two totally different cases. there are alot of illnesses, and diseases that have similar symptoms, but they aren't the same thing.
                      Last edited by Ljt09863; 11-12-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

GHB is commonly used as a 'recreational' drung for it relaxing nature, it is essentialy an anaesthetic (sp?) so the effects can seem like a blow to the head, drowsiness lack of awareness lack of interaction within surroundings etc.

Comment

Came into work today and saw our entire stock of Date Rape Dots in the backroom on a cart waiting to be processed for return.

Now let's see how fast Wally World moves in sending back theirs....
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The timing of the whole thing just seems a tad suspect to be. These have been on the market since when, June? And no kids have eaten them prior to now?

AFAIK, GHB in and of itself is not that dangerous (similar to Ecstasy in effects I believe; it's also produced in the body in small amounts). The real danger is when mixed with alcohol, other drugs, etc.

Not saying the company shouldn't have been doing more post-manufacture quality control (but how can you test for every possible thing someone might do with a toy?), but parents, watch your kids if they're at an age where they might eat stuff they shouldn't!
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post

AFAIK, GHB in and of itself is not that dangerous (similar to Ecstasy in effects I believe; it's also produced in the body in small amounts). The real danger is when mixed with alcohol, other drugs, etc.

I beg to differ http://www.talktofrank.com/drugs.aspx?id=184

Comment

Working...
                              X