This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh look. An artistic SC...

This guy is so much like my customers. HE makes a mistake that winds up kicking him in the nuts with a vengeance, but it's not his fault. Oh no, not at all. It's the mean lady standing behind her silly "policy."
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Two words for this thin skinned artist, grow up. Policies are there for a reason, if you missed a deadline in art school, hey maybe your lecturer didn't give a rats arse, unfortunately this is the *real world* where deadlines must be met and forms filled in. Get over it.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

What a jackass. I love how he blames everyone but himself, when he clearly screwed up. I do love a lot of the comments under the article though, because they all seem to realize this guy is an idiot, and some even have stood up for the gallery owner lady, which is great.

Although, I think one of the commenters hit it on the nail:
      Missing the deadline and claiming censorship got him more publicity than any art show.
      By whining like a baby, he got his picture with his art in the paper, and got his name out there. So even if he looks like an ass, publicity is still publicity.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
        Although, I think one of the commenters hit it on the nail:

By whining like a baby, he got his picture with his art in the paper, and got his name out there. So even if he looks like an ass, publicity is still publicity.
        I think he's only going to be known for being an ass... Because I'm assuming that he chose his best works to put in the show, and they're probably the ones in the pic... and they don't look like anything to write home about. I mean yeah, you have to start somewhere if you're going to be an artist (I've had my share of student gallery shows until I get in something better), but I don't think anyone in the art market is really clamoring for poorly air-brushed nude she-alien paintings. He shouldn't be getting defensive because his paintings are "offensive" (from what it looks like not at all)--he should start worrying about how lame they are...

Comment

Quoth Listerfiend View Post
          He shouldn't be getting defensive because his paintings are "offensive" (from what it looks like not at all)--he should start worrying about how lame they are...
          I do have to agree. Plus, if they were that offensive, they wouldn't have run a picture of them in the paper.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
            I do have to agree. Plus, if they were that offensive, they wouldn't have run a picture of them in the paper.
            Even if their like 15 feet from the camera lens. Plus frankly, his artwork is good. Just the artist is a fucking douchebag.

Comment

He thinks he was 'censored' for nudity? Has he ever been to an art museum?
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

His art is no better or no worse than any other art I've seen.

If everybody else has to get their registrations in on time, then dammit he does too. What a brat.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                X