Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waitress gets $4400 tip then gets fired for it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitress gets $4400 tip then gets fired for it.

An Arkansas waitress served a party that tipped $4,400. It led to her getting fired.

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

It has a paywall. But without reading it, I assume she could sue for wrongful termination. If I find a free link I'll post it. Here's one: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...00/8892053002/ I had a boss who wouldn't let us have our tips at all. I was too young to protest.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 12-15-2021, 06:17 PM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      It has a paywall.
      Sorry. I'll try to remember that for future postings. I do have a subscription to that paper so I wasn't aware of the paywall.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It's my understanding that she was offered a new job elsewhere pretty much immediately.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ironclad, it's OK. I can usually find another article. Yeah, I read that she is very happy in her new job. Good.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It has a paywall.
            Some Paywalls can be defeated simply by opening the link in a private/incognito window.

Comment

It has a paywall. But without reading it, I assume she could sue for wrongful termination. If I find a free link I'll post it. Here's one: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...00/8892053002/ I had a boss who wouldn't let us have our tips at all. I was too young to protest.
              Without looking it up I can still almost guarantee Arkansas is a right to fire state. If they are not in violation of federal protections then she can be fired for any reason at any time.

Comment

All states in the U. S. are at-will employers. This is why getting fired is so easy and unjust termination suits so difficult. Only Montana has any real kinds of restrictions at all.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                X