Evergreen Evergrounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evergreen Evergrounded

Yep, Evergreen's done it again, this time in Chesapeake Bay. On the plus side, this time, they're not causing a major traffic jam.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/sister-shi...192837305.html
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

It also happened in the Dominican Republic with a cruise ship.

I don't understand it. With all the global warming going on and the sea levels rising, shouldn't it be harder for these ship to ground themselves? I mean, the water is getting deeper.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It sounds like Evergreen has a severe problem with finding competent captains.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Evergreen has had a history of ships getting stuck even before the Suez Canal. It's a safe bet that if you hear about a container ship running aground, it's an Evergreen.

Comment

Over on another board I hang out on, some are joking about Evergreen doing a world tour of where to block next.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

And as of today, they're estimating at least another week to get it unstuck. They did get the Ever Given unstuck faster than the Never Forward. Wonder why? Is it just that it's not seen as such a rush since this one isn't blocking traffic?

Comment

That just says how good the crew of the Never Forward were are getting stuck. They show great skill at running aground, but they need extra training at finding spots that will cause major blockages.

Comment

And the Never Forward is staying stubbornly put. Guess it likes Chesapeake Bay and would rather not leave.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022/...float-attempt/

Comment

At least it is in much nicer place than the Ever Given.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

And it'll be at least another couple of weeks, while the 5k cargo containers aboard are being offloaded.

https://www.pilotonline.com/news/vp-...35y-story.html

Comment

The Never Forward is now floating again, and will be on its way after being inspected for hull damage and reloaded.

Wonder where Evergreen's going to get stuck next March?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/marylan...vaq-story.html

Comment

Please, not the Charles River...
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I wonder how much they would charge to run aground in russian shipping ports...

Comment

That would probably involve hazard pay.

Comment

Working...
                            X