• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Queen Elizabeth

https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/08/queen...mily-monarchy/

May she rest in peace. v_v

BBC article: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61585886
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

RIP to Her Eternal Majesty.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

She and Prince Philip are together again. May she rest in peace.

Condolences to her family.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

May she rest in peace.

Long live the King!
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

My heart is completely broken. I won't say anything more, because if I do, I'll just start crying again and mightn't be able to stop.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

My condolences to the Royal family and to the people of the UK.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

RIP. So what do we call her reign as there is already an Elizabethan era (1558-1603)?
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  RIP. So what do we call her reign as there is already an Elizabethan era (1558-1603)?
                  BisBethian.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

RIP

I've been reading a lot of stories about her "wicked sense of humour" which wasn't often seen by the general public, due to the rigid protocols surrounding her public appearances.

Apparently at her coronation, wearing a couple of hundred pounds (okay, bit of an exaggeration there ) of ceremonial robes, she asked if the archbishop of Canterbury could give her a tiny push "to get me started" as she prepared to walk down the aisle to be crowned.

Then there was the time she hazed the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia by giving him a tour of her Balmoral estate ... with her at the wheel ... and using everything she'd learned as a military vehicle driver during the Second World War, zooming up and down and around the twisting roads up there.

And there was the time (again at Balmoral) when she was out walking with one guard, and encountered a couple of American hikers ... who didn't recognize her. They asked if she lived there and she said no, she lived in London, but was up here on holiday (she didn't specifically mention Balmoral). And then they asked ... if she'd ever met the Queen. She pointed to her guard and said "HE has" so they asked the guard what the Queen was like. He said "Well, she can be cantankerous but she's got a lovely sense of humour." So they asked the Queen (!!) if she'd take their photo with the guard and she obliged. Then the guard said "Why don't I take a photo of the two of you with her?" And they said okay. According to the guard, the Queen said afterwards that she'd give a lot to be a fly on the wall when they were showing the photos to friends and (hopefully) somebody recognized her ....
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Incredible. Yes, what a tragic loss.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        I have been informed by The Wife that they have been calling it the New Elizabethan era for the last 70 years.

Can anyone validate?
                        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                        Save the Ales!
                        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Probably just 'the present' since it's going back so far-when she acceded, the President was Truman! Apparently it will be the Carolean era now, but no-one seems sure of what we will call it when William becomes king. Wonderfully mediaeval ceremony of proclaiming him king. Anything that includes a Garter Yeoman and a Herald Extraordinary and men in tights and funny hats prancing about is entertaining
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Probably just 'the present' since it's going back so far-when she acceded, the President was Truman! Apparently it will be the Carolean era now, but no-one seems sure of what we will call it when William becomes king. Wonderfully mediaeval ceremony of proclaiming him king. Anything that includes a Garter Yeoman and a Herald Extraordinary and men in tights and funny hats prancing about is entertaining
                            Okay, now I want to sit down and watch it ...

~ Mr Hero

Comment

I was just watching a British comedian (Russell Howard) talk about how the nation dealt with the Queen's death. One of his comments was that the vast majority coped "in the most British way possible -- by forming a giant queue."
                              The wait time rose from a couple of hours to ... 24 hours.
                              At one point the queue was so long it could be seen from space.

And apparently the BBC had to ask the general public to PLEASE STOP LEAVING MARMALADE SANDWICHES at the Palace gates.
                              Last edited by Pixelated; 09-23-2022, 10:44 PM. Reason: Edited to add the bit about the marmalade sandwiches. :)
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X