Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet the Shaggs!-the worst band in the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet the Shaggs!-the worst band in the world.

Oh I've just been introduced to the joys of this group today

Variously described as 'three musicians playing four songs in five tempos', 'this is what music would be like if you could write time signatures in irrational numbers' and 'to listen to this,you have to forget any concept of rhythm or music you might have'. Apart from the wonderful name, the band was formed when their father was told they would be a success by a palm-reader.After the person responsible for delivering the first 1000 pressings disappeared with them never to be seen again,the father took this as a sign that their talent was so wonderful that everyone was desperate to copy it...

Rumours that renditions of 'My Pal Foot Foot' have been used to extract confessions from hostile agents cannot be disproved...

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

My ears....they bleed! I think I got through maybe 12 seconds of that before I had to close that browser tab. Just...wow.

Comment

The comments section-usually somewhere you don't want to venture-is an absolute goldmine of people trying to describe the sound.My favourite comment was the one somewhere that states 'The girls do not suffer from a lack of originality.In fact,they are so original that musicians from all genres throughout the known world -and a fair bit of the unknown world-are still hunting to try and find something to compare them with.'
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I'm wondering if the Cherry Sisters were this bad. They have been considered the worst musical act of the early 20th century.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Ah the Cherry Sisters-they sued a newspaper for libel after it described their singing as the 'wailing of the souls of the damned'. The judge heard them perform and promptly found for the newspaper

Comment

I do like the one comment... "This is the most prog song in existence it’s in a π/∜5 time signature"
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Perhaps it's so advanced it needs to be played on a holophonor to get the full effect?

Comment

Working...
              X