R.I.P., Al Jaffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P., Al Jaffee

Al Jaffee, inventor of the MAD Magazine fold-in and "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions", has died at the age of 102.

https://tinyurl.com/u5pyue6v
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

He will be missed. He was a great cartoonist.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Yes, he absolutely will.
      That magazine was a gem in its heyday. Pretty sure I've got some old copies kicking around somewhere ...
      I really enjoyed his "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions."
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
        Yes, he absolutely will.
        That magazine was a gem in its heyday. Pretty sure I've got some old copies kicking around somewhere ...
        I really enjoyed his "Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions."
        I have a "Spy vs Spy" edition. Used to love MAD magazine.

One of my favorite articles from MAD was the "43 Man Squamish" and "The Potrzebie System of Weights And Measures"

https://polaris93.livejournal.com/2046896.html
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

May he rest in peace v_v
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X