This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is probably the worst SC in history

I feel terrible that something like this could happen. People really are far too petty.

http://www.ohionewsnow.com/?story=si...907920000.html

God, that's truly horrible, what is wrong with people?

Comment

'Felonious Assault', what the hell is wrong with Manslaughter, or ABH with Intent, and HE'S GOT BAIL!!!

JIC you hadn't noticed I'm more than slightly annoyed.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Comment

That jerk is yet more proof that there should be public stonings of murderers. Did you happen to see the smirk on his face???? He probably feels that he's done nothing wrong.

He should be charged with murder & given the death penalty.
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I'd say they got a couple of good wrongful death suits. One against the punk that laid the crowning blow, and the other against the Waffle House for doing nothing to diffuse the situation.

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
              Did you happen to see the smirk on his face????
              Actually it's the victim's picture that's posted.

But seriously, only assault when the guy ended up in the morgue? Something fishy's going on here. I hope the waitress the guy tried to help presses charges of her own.
              Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

This is just....so wrong. God what's wrong with humanity?! It's things like this that make me wish I could jump aboard a spaceship and just sail into the stars, leaving behind this fucked up world.
                We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

It makes me question whether or not if an asteroid slammed into this big ball of rock and water would be such a bad thing after all.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                    It makes me question whether or not if an asteroid slammed into this big ball of rock and water would be such a bad thing after all.
                    you know, it might actually force people to work together to survive and oh look they finally realize, as the worlds ending, they're exactly alike, they're all human, they all have feelings and values and ideals. Aspirations and dreams...*SIGH* I am literally almost in tears right now. Sometimes I really do wonder if there's a point to this or if God just got bored and decided he'd make a self destroying "intelligent" species to entertain him.
                    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                      I'd say they got a couple of good wrongful death suits. One against the punk that laid the crowning blow, and the other against the Waffle House for doing nothing to diffuse the situation.
                      Unless you were there or know something we don't, I don't know how you can say Waffle House did nothing to diffuse the situation and that they should have to find themselves in court.

For all we know they could've called 911 when the first punch got thrown or tried to get in between the people fighting.

Instead, why don't we hold responsible the people who caused the victim's death--a bunch of sawed-off punks who decided to harass a waitress because of a cash register malfunction she had no part in causing. An assault charge with bail is far far too lenient for the crime committed.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And again, this is why I carry a gun wherever I go. If I had been a witness, there's a better chance he'd have either lived and a few people would be in hospital.

I'm anti-violence, but pro self-defense. It might seem like a contradiction but the violent person is the one who starts the fight, the defensive person is the one who ends it.
                        Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                          If I was making minimum wage, what would ever make me want to get into the middle of a fistfight I wasn't already involved in.

If for some reason I was personally sued for not getting involved, I'd countersue for reckless endangerment for your attempt to force myself to put me at risk. There's no better time to try new concepts for lawsuits out when they're filed against idiots.
                          Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

I hope that bastard gets charged with Capital Murder.

Comment

And some people wonder when I don't feel too sorry when someone dies. Odds are, they were: stupid, jerky, or both.
                              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
                              X