This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how angry IS your city?

Just saw this on MSN this morning and thought it was worth a share. I wonder if this study explains the SC'-ishness of people who live there. Can anyone in these cities testify?

http://health.msn.com/centers/highbl...42599&GT1=8503
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
    --attributed to Albert Einstein

#16. DAMMIT!! WHY CANT I CONTROL MY ANGER?!?!?!??!? (hurls chair across the room)

This is really something to be proud of, along with being #6 on the "Fattest City List."

Olive juice you too.

Comment

16. Dallas, TX - probably because of people constantly asking where the Ewings are.

17. Houston, TX - because the underpasses get flooded out whenever it rains.

43. Seattle, WA - how much fog and rain can a person take in a year? Or maybe it's the aliens when they land on Mount Ranier.

74. Billings, MT - blame it on the goatropers.

93. Sioux Falls, SD - because they aren't Rapid City
      Last edited by Cia; 08-24-2006, 04:27 PM.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

People who live in Hawaii have no right to be angry!

64 - Honolulu, Hawaii

Why in the name of the Gord do people who live in this place have any right to be angry. You live on an island paradise where the tourists can't go unless they have a shitload of money, the weather is 81 degrees every single day, it barely rains. If you wanna play golf, you play golf. If you wanna go fishing, you go fish, you can go for a swim at any time...and its just awesome. From all of us who have to suffer through -10 in February with snow and ice and crappy drivers and shoveling , all you Hawaiians have it really freakin good!
        Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
          43. Seattle, WA - how much fog and rain can a person take in a year?
          Actually, what gets us are the endless jokes about lots of rain.

One of our fellow CS members has a sig line that sums up the Seattle anger nicely: "Living in Seattle is like being in love with a beautiful woman who's sick all the time." There's so much going for the place, and yet someone (usually the local government, but sometimes private citizens chip in as well) manages to go and mess it up just often enough to leave a thin, oily sheen of annoyance on the surface.
          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I live sort of between #2 and #12.
            You'd think I'd be over run by angry citizens but I don't actually notice that people are any angrier than anywhere else I've been. Sure, there are angry folks but I see as many or more happy ones as well.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

Any lists of Canadian cities?
              "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Interesting...

Oh, and I hear that in Canada, Edmonton has the most road rage. Makes me kind of glad I don't drive.

Comment

90. Pittsburgh, PA

Uh, only 90? Jeez, I thought people would be a tad more upset about things--our city's broke, the roads suck, taxes are too high, no jobs, etc.

But, at least we have "dem Supa Bawl Stillers"
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

63. Louisville, KY - guess we're not all that angry....... Although I've dealt w/ some angry people before.....

and protege, did you spell steelers wrong on purpose?? I lived in Pittsburgh for awhile and my husband is from there..... just wondering if I was missing a joke there somewhere since I think Super Bowl was misspelled for a reason.....

Comment

#3 Detroit Michigan. That explains so much as to why I get so many SCs at work during the NBA season . That sucks along with being one of the most obese states in the goddamn nation. Man, I need to get out of there.
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I live between Baltimore which was 4 I believe and Washington DC which I didnt look for, but it explains a lot haha

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                          I live sort of between #2 and #12.
                          Isn't it funny that 3 cities that we're close to #1, #2, and #12. I'm with you, I think they're talking too much to folks that actually live in the "down-town" part of those cities. Either that or they're taking anger on the road with it. Then I can completely understand #1, 2, and #12. Those places have some of the worst road designs ever.
                          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

30. Phoenix, AZ

Frankly, I'm surprised it didn't rank higher. Seven months straight of 100+ temperatures, combined with the pollution, urban sprawl, idiot politicians and one of the highest car theft rates in the nation tends to make people very irritable.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Toledo! #59! W00t!
                              You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X