This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Ball Z Live Action Movie

To my shock, horror and nausea, there's an actual live movie being filmed for, yes, DRAGON BALL Z.

I thought, at first, that the husband was trying to scare me...but no...he had imdb's website to confirm it.

Its set to be released on august 15th of this year. (DBZ-LIVE

PS: Mods, can you move this to the proper forum? The shock/horror had me out of it for a moment. My apologies.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Oh yes, haven't you witnessed any of the horrors coming out picture wise from the shoot in Mexico? ><

Its going to be *epic* fail.

Comment

If you react that badly to the new movie, please do not click the link.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122050/

Yes, I have seen it and it is quite funny bad too.

Comment

Ok, Live Action Dragonball movie... fine, I actually enjoyed the Dragonball series. (Hey, I'm saying it was the greatest anime ever... just entertaining, It's not even near the top of my list of favorites, so shush )

but, they're doing DRAGONBALL not Dragonball Z, yet the actors are WAY TOO OLD. The guy playing Goku is 25! He's older than I am!

In the original Dragonball Goku was 10!

What are they thinking?
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

They are doing it mostly near the end. And only LOSELY basing it of DB. Goku Versus Piccolo JR.

Yes. I know too much of it. Especlly since i learned Spike from Buffy is playing Piccolo.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
            They are doing it mostly near the end. And only LOSELY basing it of DB. Goku Versus Piccolo JR.

Oh, well.. ok I guess... but they're gonna have to have a LOT of narrative to explain the...oh... 10 years that passed before the fight...

I still think they're a bit too old even for that stage of Dragonball... I mean, Chi Chi was only 19 when Gohan was born...

They better at least keep the perfect hair... Saiyans are NOTHING without their hair. lol

and yes, I too, know too much.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
              They better at least keep the perfect hair... Saiyans are NOTHING without their hair. lol
              Guess Again.

This is a Mexican website and their impressions of the shoot so far. The scawny kid in orange is Goku.

I think one of the people who left comments said it best, "This movie is smelling like crap."
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                Guess Again.

This is a Mexican website and their impressions of the shoot so far. The scawny kid in orange is Goku.

I think one of the people who left comments said it best, "This movie is smelling like crap."

I don't see how that means they won't have the "perfect hair"?

Comment

Re: The Hair:

y el pelo de goku.nooooo espero que esta pic sea del actor llendo a cambiarse y a ponerse el vestuario de goku por que si no es asi .ya estoy sufriendo por a ver destruido uno de mis personajes de la infancia
                  Edited for coherence:

"And Goku's hair? NOOOO! I hope this picture is of the actor is of him going to change and put on Goku's costume because (what he is wearing) is not right! I'm already suffering at witnessing the destruction of one of my favorite childhood characters."

-snicker-

Even I have to agree that the current hairstyle is not Goku acceptable. I've seen fanboys do a better job either with their own hair or a really well made wig.
                  "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Emmy Rossum is gonna be bulma? I like, and yet, I dont. I have a huge crush on Emmy Rossum, one day I WILL marry that girl.

Comment

I have to admit, I've watched a lot of Dragonball. And I do consider myself at least a casual fan.

But I will so being going to see this just for the sheer train-wreck goodness of it.
                      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                        But I will so being going to see this just for the sheer train-wreck goodness of it.
                        Agreed. I mean, DBZ was not some kind of deep, thought-provoking series. It's about guys screaming and beating the living shit out of each other. Kind of pathetic that they'll screw up a simple premise like that.
                        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                        X