X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In mississippi it could become illegal to feed the fat

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...01081fat1.html

Can someone please tell me what the FUCK?

Btw if any waiters here work in Mississippi what the hell are you expected to do, put a weight at the entrance and force all patrons to weight themselves??? and Imagine the kind of (kind of entitled to) SCs this will cause? poor waiters and waitresses will be blamed for the friggin law....
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

I don't think it'll pass, there's no way a law like that could actually work. It's about as logical as banning junk food, or forming some kind of 'food police' force.

Comment

Aside from any of my many, many doubts about it's authenticity ...

It's likely some politicians' attempt at being clever in response to smoking bans. You know, those things that make it oh so much more pleasant to eat at restaurants.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Ummm just FYI this is up over at fratching as well so I don't know what the fate of this thread will be.

but personally I dont think this idea is a very good one but like a lot of politics very symbolic and totally useless.

Comment

Now that I've seen this, and just noticed the other thread at fratching earlier this evening, I am closing this one.

It really is a subject that could become heated, and is much more suited to that site.

Just a note to Rahmota: A heads up about this one would have been nice, rather than have you pointing it out in the thread where a moderator is less likely to see it.
          Once again, that is why the report button exists. You're not squealing on or ratting out people. You are helping to keep things running smoothly for everyone when you report things like this.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
          X