X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Fired over a comic strip!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/WaterCooler/story?id=4323900

This guys gets the last laugh thanks so the creator of Dilbert!

Geez, when I worked public TV, we not only posted Dilbert on the walls, we WROTE THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE WE WERE MAKING FUN OF ON THE CHARACTERS. Including our own, I might add.

And the guy who does Twisted Kaiju Theatre (http://www.neomonsterisland.com/) freqently shoots entire runs of his cartoons INSIDE THE KINKO'S I WORKED AT. Oh, he was good enough to replace particular workers with photos of plastic monsters, but everyone knew who they were supposed to be. Hell, I was in one for a week. Under my real name, no less. Did the boss know? He was IN THE STRIP and knew about it.

Sheesh, some people have no sense of humor.

Comment

S'Truth. I've gotten away with murder with my own comic. My District Manager even told me I was really creative. I thought he was going to fire me after telling me that he had read my comci to see what it is that I do. I've gotten more hell from some team members who don't have a sense of humor.

Comment

Really. I mean, look at this. This is the actual Kinko's I worked at. The grey chick is supposed to be me (no, I'm not particularly tall, I just am in this) and the metal guy is the boss. He saw this and thought it was funny.

http://www.neomonsterisland.com/tkta...012/559/1.html

Comment

Man, some people have no sense of humor. RK, those comic strips from your days at Kinko's are funny as hell!!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Shin-Goji View Post
            S'Truth. I've gotten away with murder with my own comic. My District Manager even told me I was really creative. I thought he was going to fire me after telling me that he had read my comci to see what it is that I do. I've gotten more hell from some team members who don't have a sense of humor.
            Holy st, how long have you been here????

How did I not SEE you before now?????

(I'll tell you how. It doesn't take much booze anymore. )
            Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 02-22-2008, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Actually, I just joined today. I followed the traffic from your link, thanks for the extra hits!

Comment

As soon as I realized it was you, I realized you'd probably (hopefully) gotten some increased hits and went to investigate. Wow, I'm so glad you're here, this is a great place to hang out and commiserate on the sometimes grueling art of working with the public. And I know you have some awesome stories to share of your own.

I just think it's hilarious that I actually READ Shin-goji's post and responded to it without my brain registering who he was. I guess I just wasn't expecting to see him, so it took me a moment. I'm sure the double take I did was quite entertaining.

Comment

"Thank you for calling Finko's! We're kinky 24-7!"

Testing
                  "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

That guy's former bosses need to lighten up. Then again, i'm guessing they've never actually read Dilbert, and would try to sue Scott Adams if they did.

Comment

Working...
                    X