X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I saw

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/storie...56c3c.html?npc

We went to pick up my mom. Enroute we had major area blocked off. I saw the van and the bus. We had to go through a few blocks, as several of it was blocked off. Turns out kid got off a bus and ran across the street and got smashed by the van. Seeing as the van was near the bus, it looked like the kid got off and just ran against traffic. No way the driver could have seen him coming.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

There's a reason they say stop,look and listen when crossing the street. Apparently that teen did none of those after getting off the bus. Hopefully he's okay now and that he'll learn a good (and harsh) lesson from that.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Damn. Sorry to hear about the kid. But he should have looked both ways.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

They kept spelling "Volkswagen" wrong in the article.
        Just something I noticed.

Also, didn't the bus driver flip out the stop sign? Isn't there a law that says drivers behind a school bus have to stop when it stops?

Something's missing here.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
          Also, didn't the bus driver flip out the stop sign? Isn't there a law that says drivers behind a school bus have to stop when it stops?
          I got the impression it was a public transit bus, not a school bus.

There are actually a PSA short they show on the MetroTV about high school kids running to catch buses that cuts off right before a teen running against a light is about to get creamed by a passing car.

A woman that used to work for the same company I do had her mother hit and killed by a motorist as she was crossing the street because she didn't look first. It was twilight out, and she was crossing in the middle of the street and the car in the left lane stopped for her, but the car in the right lane never saw her until it was way too late. It was a kid driving, and I really feel sorry for him. The co-worker was really cool about that, too, because she understands that the accident was caused by her mother's carelessness and she felt a bit sorry for the kid who hit her even as she was really sad that she'd lost her mother.

I feel sorry for the person driving the Volkswagen. Hitting someone has got to feel terrible to any reasonable driver. Heck, I feel bad when I hit birds.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
            They kept spelling "Volkswagen" wrong in the article.
            Just something I noticed.

Something's missing here.
            No stop sign was flipped out, he was driving in the middle lane, and it wasn't a school bus, a public transit bus. It was also on 82nd, which in Portland is more or less a Freeway with stores on the side.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
            X