This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG OMG!

They're so precious-- and I just named a rat that's waiting for me in Philadelphia Artemis!

CONGRATS on three fat, healthy puppies!
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

They're so cute!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
        *squeel* They are so cute and big!

Congrats!
        Apollo is 1.5 pounds, Artemis and Athena are both about 1 1/3 pounds.

We just took them to the vet for a post-whelping checkup and they got a clean bill of health.

The vet couldn't use their normal puppy scale, though (they were too big) so they needed to use the giant breed puppy scale for them.

They're clearly developing their own personalities now.

Artemis and Apollo are sweet but already love to explore.

Athena is vocal and bratty. She was also mouthing the metal bars on the cat carrier they were in for the trip to the vet's. She's going to be an interesting working / schutzhund dog.
        Last edited by draggar; 09-26-2008, 06:18 PM.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Such precious puppies! How's the mama doing?
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
            Such precious puppies! How's the mama doing?
            She is doing very wel but she is extremely attentive to them. When we take them to weigh them or bottle feed them, any noise they make and she comes running over to investigate. She is just started to trust us now with the puppies.

They've gained a few hundredths of a pound which doesn't sound like much but it is about a 5% weight gain. With ten nipples on mommy and only three puppies, they get all of the milk they want with no worries of running out.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I've added more pictures in the link above

(In case you missed it:

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/KiriPuppies/
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

*SQUEEEEEEELLLLL*

Melts into girly puddle. They are so cute. When do their eyes open?

and they are huge!!
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Their eyes should open Sunday (day 9) but I think Apollo's eyes peeked open a little today.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Aw, so cute! They look like the puppies that my friend's mother's dog had (they were black lab/basset hound). There were 11 of them, though (8 survived).
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Their eyes have started to open. Apollo's eyes started Wed night and Artemis started yesterday in a big way.
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

PUPPIES!!!!!!!!! theyre so cute- and looks like little teddy bears... aww!

Comment

Quoth IceLee View Post
                          PUPPIES!!!!!!!!! theyre so cute- and looks like little teddy bears... aww!
                          I know, they look exactly like little bears.

Athena started to open her eyes last night - such a late bloomer. We think she might end up being a coated shepherd, her fur is very thick.

I was cuddling w/ Artemis last night (she's starting to like attention now).
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I can see it now; Artimis will grow up to be a little attention whore.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

A coated shepard? how is that different? just wondering- I know about say for example, short haired, long haired and wire haired daschunds, but havent heard of coated shepards. I remember when my mother bred her two dogs- lots of black and white pup-wave zooming down on me whenever I come in..... and then try to climb my legs, chewing on my shoes and socks! I miss those days but yeah thankfully mum gave up on that idea especially after I told her off for selling some of them (one of the two or three litters, cant remeber if it was in first litter or second) to the pet shop for quick bucks (I think that went into pokies) she doesnt like the fact that she is not a responsible dog owner, having made alot of mistakes especially recently with a dog she got for my grandmother without ASKING nanna if she wanted another, and then keeping it with her three dogs, a cat and a bird, until the said dog , a daschund at that, got snappy with one of her dogs, pulled the curtains down, barked all night. No wonder the dog behaved like that, mum does totally nothing, nil, zilch with her animals except for feeding and giving them water, letting them wee and poop all over the house (yuck!) and not walking them- I walked the daschund because I knew shed do this because its in her breeding, she needs the exercise and plenty of entertainment. Shes now gone back to the lady who mum got her from, apparently the dog will go to a house with kids or something like that- I hope she'll be ok, the dog that is.

still, cute pups!

Comment

Coated German shepherds have longer fur than regular German shepherds.
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X