Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is seriously considering giving up all of the spitz puppies (and Ginger) and keeping Artemis.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I'm happy and sad right now.
      Thursday - Artemis may go to her new home.
      Friday or Saturday - Athena may go to her new home.

So for the next week we'd just have Apollo (looks like I"m taking him to work next Monday). Apollo will go to his new home either on black Friday or the Saturday after.

I'll miss them sometimes I wish I could keep them but then I get reminded that they'll grow into good sized shepherds.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

My wife was told last night (during the puppy evaluation) that she was crazy to give the male to a pet home, she was even told to give the deposit back and keep him but she isn't going to do that.

Pictures updated, too.
        http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/KiriPuppies/

Apollo has the blue collar
        Artemis has the green collar
        Athena has the red collar
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

He IS handsome!

Why aren't you keeping a Shepherd pup? Isn't the point of breeding your own that you get to make your next show dog yourself?
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

We have no room for a dog right now, 5 dogs in our townhouse is a bit much and *I* can't take care of 6 dogs.

My wife knows, though, if she wants to kep one then the spitz and all of the puppies can't stay.

This was also a post-pyo breeding (the choices were either breed her or spay her). Also, we have a good idea on what genes may come out and my wife's friends are helping her find good studs for her next breeding (after she is titled - maybe a year away?).
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Athena was just picked up by her new owners.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Sorry for the quick post.

Athena was picked up last night, she is now in the Orlando area with her new family. They want to do schutzhund and search&rescue with her so this will be good.

They took her because she is larger than Artemis (stronger for packs) and more reserved which means she won't go springing into harm's way (rock slide, etc..) in a way that Artemis might. Even though she isn't as confident as Artemis, that can be worked on with a lot of play, tugging, and just general positive reinforcement.

(This lady also got screwed by an unethical breeder with a "non refundable" deposit - meaning even if the breeder didn't have a dog for them, they didn't get their deposit back).

My wife's friends are sad to see that Apollo is going to a pet home. He is beautiful (structurally) and has an incredible temperament. They say he needs to go to a show home but my wife has already promised these people Apollo and she hates to go back on her word (plus we have a deposit for him).
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

ok im trying to understand terminology, does pethome mean a home where he will bet a pet not a breeder or service dog?

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    ok im trying to understand terminology, does pethome mean a home where he will bet a pet not a breeder or service dog?
                    Close to correct. "pet home" meaning she'll be a pet and must be spayed (or neutered for the boys). We sell "pets" at half the price we would to a show home. This means that our name won't be on any unapproved breedings.

A pet home CAN work their dog and compete in obedience, schutzhund, etc.. they just cannot show it in confirmation (because it is fixed) or breed it.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Tell me these pictures aren't mother and daughter?

Daughter:

Mother:

(Except Artemis' comb over is going the wrong way)
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

i want her!!!! not really because im more of a rottweiler girl.

Comment

Wel, Sara (my wife) is trying to think over Artemis. She has an incredible temperament (and is considered by many people to be the second best puppy in the litter). She may ship Kiri overseas to be trained, titled (BH, SchH1, even get an SV rating on her) and possibly bred (shipped home pregnant for us to whelp the litter).

My wife is worried that if anything happens to her or, if for some reason, she can't have any more babies, she wants to have Artemis on "the ready" to take over.

Artemis would also make a good service dog for Sara.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

If that most recent puppy (the like mother / like daughter) puppy is Artemis? I WANT HER!!!!! She's precious.

We're actually discussing getting a dog. I might have to PM you with some questions about larger breeds (I love shepherds!) and when we should adopt...
                            I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Apollo went to his home yesterday morning and the family absolutely loves him (plus he gets along very well with their other puppy).

So, it's just Artemis now (we're renaming her to River, though).
                              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Athena had her first Seiger show yesterday where she and the owners were able to meet with Fred Lanting (GSD expert) his comments on her:

great temperment
                                good feet
                                good knuckles
                                good proportions
                                short upper arm
                                croup (sp?) steep, but adequate in length at this time
                                Shallow forechest
                                Normal bite
                                slightly cow-hauked (sp?)
                                Nice top line.
                                this dog has great temperment

And the German judge's critique:
                                good expression, good movement, slightly over on steep

(That's all they could get but they should get a written version soon).

She also got a "very promising" rating.

A lot of people at the show LOVED her - she was one of the most popular puppies there.

I do have pics, I'm just waiting for the owner's permission to post them on the internet.
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X