Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend put together this tribute to Steve Irwin - Hope ya'll enjoy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend put together this tribute to Steve Irwin - Hope ya'll enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdDZsl-h3s0

Geez. If you knew how rare it is for me to cry you would know that it's a small miracle that video brought tears to my eyes.

I keep wondering why I'm so deeply sad... it's not like I actually knew the guy personally.

My hubby, 6 year old and I watched Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course the other night. I know it's goofy but we've always gotten a kick out of it.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

I to am oddly saddened by the loss of Steve Irwin, I've actually cried over it a couple of times there. I couldnt stand watching his shows when he was alive, I found him campy and annoying, yet I still watched, ive seen every episode at least twice, he helped me get over my fear of snakes, I even had one drapped over me, the same with spiders, I dont automatically scream at them anymore

but I think its because he was so pure, so enthusastic, he loved his job, his life, he was for the underdog... maybe its because he did what he loved everyday so he was some sort of...role model?

I with I had the guts to be that true to myself, to do what I loved everyday, to take joy in everything. He had no snobbery, he was a hardworking and honest.

its always sad when the genuine nice guys are taken. I feel awful for Terri and Bindi and their baby, I hope she can take heart in the fact that he made the world a better place while he was here.

Im really happy that Australia is giving him a state funeral. Guys like Steve are what make Aussie such a cool place to visit! I hope they keep Aussie Zoo open!!!

Very cool video idrinkarum
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

From what I understand, the Australian government offered a state funeral, but his family turned it down in favour of something private. I can understand their decision, but it says something when someone who isn't even an elected leader, never mind a member of nobility etc, is offered something like that.

Rapscallion

Comment

i was watching the picutres, thinking...i wish it had music. about halfway through the video, i realized i had my mute on.....

but its really sweet. i like it. i got the People magazine today that has a small story on him.

and, for the first time since it happened, i cried. your video made me sad....i guess it was because i started to think about how his wife and daughter feels right now, and how his son will grow up not knowing his father....
          Last edited by Ljt09863; 09-09-2006, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Oh Ljt! I didn't mean to make you sad!

I'm glad everyone who's commented on it liked it. I really enjoyed it myself & was touched by it, that's why I decided to share it. My friend is going to be really pleased that there are people out there who enjoyed watching it.

And ya'll are right - Steve Irwin had no snobbery about him. He loved his work and it truly showed. He will be deeply missed.

Comment

Working...
            X