Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the genius that came up with this idea?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the genius that came up with this idea?

http://www2.kelloggs.com/Product/Pro...x?product=8213

Yes, let's teach kids that it's OK to swallow their Lego bricks, because they're TASTY!

Hey, it's not too bad, actually. I ate legos as a kid, and I turned out normal...

Kinda... depending on your definition of normal.

Anyway, I hope most children will realize that there's a difference between fruit snack legos and "gonna build me a spaceship" legos...
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Fenrus View Post
      Hey, it's not too bad, actually. I ate legos as a kid, and I turned out normal...

Kinda... depending on your definition of normal.
      Sorry Fenrus, when you wind up crapping out a castle, that does not qualify as normal behavior.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Hehehe, someone pointed out Gabe from penny Arcade already did a rant about this.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/6/18/

"I would love to know what sick bastard at Kellogs came up with this genius idea. I just spent the first three years of my sons life trying to get him not to eat blocks, and now you're telling him they taste like f**king strawberries. Thanks a lot assholes. Seriously, how in the hell did this ever get past their legal department. You can't tell me that this isn't a lawsuit just waiting to happen. I can only assume that their next product is fruit flavored thumbtacks."

Comment

I feel the same way about those Hot Wheels car sets you're supposed to crash.

They even used to make them with a door or tailgate that would flip over if hit from behind to reveal a bunch of dents. Plus they have those cars that make those accident sound effects if hit.

Nice lesson we're teaching there: "Car accidents are wacky nutty fun!"
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well if they are like any of the other fruit snacks out there they will be soft and squeezable (where you can put a bunch together and mush them into a big goo, which is what my kids do with fruit snacks.) whereas with real Lego's you can't do that since they are hard.

If they're like that than it should be really easy to teach your kids which ones are good to eat and which ones aren't. They had them at Legoland in Germany when I took my kids (at the time 6 and 2.) and neither of them has ever ate a real lego.

Comment

ITs ok....this will be the situation....
              Some dumb ass will by it for their kids, then they will let ehm eat it....then the kids will try to eat their lego or actually eat it.

Then the SC of a parent, who wasn't paying attention in the first place will ring to argue and threaten suing Kellogs or Leggo or both, and some poor unsuspecting CSR will answer the phone and have to put up with their crap.......

It will eventually make its way back here and the world has performed a complete 360.

Its only a matter of time....we know how stupid some people can be.....It'll be the end of someone......
              every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.... for every person I can stand being around there is and eqaul and opposite idiot....... -_- damn stupid people

Comment

Quoth Kiarna View Post
                Some dumb ass will by it for their kids, then they will let ehm eat it....then the kids will try to eat their lego or actually eat it.

Then the SC of a parent, who wasn't paying attention in the first place will ring to argue and threaten suing Kellogs or Leggo or both, and some poor unsuspecting CSR will answer the phone and have to put up with their crap.......

It will eventually make its way back here and the world has performed a complete 360.

Its only a matter of time....we know how stupid some people can be.....It'll be the end of someone......
                On the upside this could be Darwin at work! I still wouldn't want to be CSR on the other end of that debacle

Comment

The local Bulk Barn has, in their candy section, some that look like Leggo (bumps on the top and all). Don't know if they've got the corresponding holes on the bottom for the bumps to lock into (I don't go for the "nothing but sugar" hard candy), but those would be much easier to mistake for real leggos (or to mistake a real Leggo for a sugary treat).
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Hopefully the kids would know the difference between yummy gummy goodness versus building a star wars battleship legos.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                      Hopefully the kids would know the difference between yummy gummy goodness versus building a star wars battleship legos.
                      Probably when they break their teeth mind...
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Kiarna View Post

I'm sure I'll hear about it as soon as it arrives in our local warehouse . . .

Send a pair of earplugs for me and a crying towel for the Better Half
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We had "SweeTart" Legos when I worked at the candy store in Little Rock.

I don't recall thinking that they were that bad an idea at the time, but I do remember that they tasted like chalk, and actually did a pretty decent job of writing on the floor just outside the store...
                          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            The local Bulk Barn has, in their candy section, some that look like Leggo (bumps on the top and all). Don't know if they've got the corresponding holes on the bottom for the bumps to lock into.
                            Same here. And they did have bumps on the bottom. However they never did stick together to well.

They also tasted HORRIBLE.
                            Military Spouse Support.
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

It won't be long til Lego manage to do a double sell...

New Lego Kitchen - make you're own real Lego Pies

"Hey look what I just made, mum, fresh out of the oven!"
                              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
                              X