Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signs are there for a reason people!!!

Story here

AUSTELL, Ga. - A teenager was decapitated by a roller coaster after he hopped a pair of fences and entered a restricted area Saturday at Six Flags Over Georgia, authorities said. Reports from witnesses who said the teenager jumped the fences to retrieve a hat he lost while riding the Batman roller coaster.

I really don't think any hat is worth dying for-couldn't he have asked an employee to get it for him?
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

I like how the headline refers to him as "SC Teen". I guess they agree that a non-sucky person wouldn't have gone into a restricted area in the first place.

Comment

Holy Hell!!!! Retrieving a lost hat from a ride is something I would not kill myself over...
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

you know... you'd think people were smart enough to know that going near the ride would be a bad idea... but a lot of places intentionally have the ride run as close to the line as possible to make it more intemidating and I can see a very small percentage of people thinking that makes it safe to go near the tracks without understanding that those few sections close to the line are very precisely engineered to be safe for people to be near and that isn't true for the whole track...
        that said they're still extremely stupid to think that there would be no consequences for going into a No Trespassing area.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

A teenager Saturday was struck and killed by a roller coaster at the Six Flags Over Georgia theme park outside Atlanta, authorities said. The 17-year-old park visitor was decapitated after scaling two fences -- one of which was six feet tall
          How stupid do you have to be to scale two fences that are marked as being an area that's off limits? While i feel sorry for the boys family, i cant say that i don't feel sorry for the kid.

Comment

Thats horrible. I feel for the kid's family...but holy hell. He climbed TWO fences..... WHY?? Thats just a wow....

Comment

Even though we all know the teen was way in the wrong, does anyone wanna place bets on whether or not the parents will try to sue?
              If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

I forsee two possible outcomes if the family successfully sues thje park.

1: Parks everywhere will now have people whose sole job is to watch the fenced off areas and make sure people don't enter. Yay for prices being jacked up.

2: The much less pratical and probably won't happen solution but the one I prefer. Parks everywhere as a result electrify their fences thus making it so the person climnbing them not only has to be incredibly stupid, but able to shrug off mild electirc shocks the whole time

Somehow I think number 1 is a little more likely

Comment

Working...
                X