X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police shoot 12 y/o with toy gun

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/nov/07/7west/

The kid was running around with a toy gun, and "moved after officers told him to stop" (from the article). Shouldn't he have been playing video games or whatever twelve-year-olds do, not what 7-year-olds do?
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Plaidman still plays with toy guns. In his closet. In the dark. In the middle of the night. After making sure no-one hears him. And says bang in his head.

Also: Dart guns. BB guns. Maybe one day a paint ball gun.

On the more serious note:
    Jebus christ. That's going to be on that policeman mind the rest of his life. Killing a child. I feel bad for him
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I read some of the comments and some people are saying that race was involved. I do not think that was the case at all. The child was 12 years old. A lot of gangs recruit tweens. I am thinking that as far as the cop was concerned, the child had a real loaded gun.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Every time I read the title, I wonder what a cop was doing with a toy gun.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Every time I read the title, I wonder what a cop was doing with a toy gun.

Rapscallion
          Yeah, that came to me after I posted it.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

We had a incident like that in my area years ago. A similar aged kid was riding around in a stolen car with some other kids, all under 16, at 2AM. The cops light him up and they run. They crash the car and the cop gives chase on foot. Once child has a gun shaped lighter, with orange cap removed or painted. The officer sees the gun and give him a warning to drop the gun, put up your hands a few times. The kid points the gun at the cop and shoot off a few rounds. I think it was three or four. Two hit the kid.

It was black child and a white cop, the mother, the very next day blames the it the "racist" cop and claims the kid did nothing wrong. The autopsy reveals the bullet went thru the child's upper arm and into the chest and killed him. The police investigate and find no wring doing. The feds investigate, find the same thing.

The mother sued and the courts found in favor of the police. To this day the mother still refuses to believe that he child did anything wrong, even though one of the lead investigators at one point was black.

These are the people who "train" their children and relatives to use the "race card"

Comment

i think i may need to head over to Fratching for my opinion on race is these cases....

Comment

Working...
              X