This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom accused of withholding cancer treatment of her child

A mom in Salem , MA has benn accuse of cancelling numerous appointment and not filling presciptions, for her autistic child with cancer. The kid was transfeerd to the custody of the father, and the mom was released without having to post bail.
    http://news.aol.com/story/_a/mom-acc...02190609990001

That's just wrong!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Why the hell didn't she have to post bail? She should be rotting in a cell until the trial.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Because her and the boy's father are in the middle of a contentious divorce right now. In really bad divorces the couple often accuse each other of all sorts of terrible things. She insists she is innocent and her husband is trying to take the boy away from her, and she was probably able to show that she is a low flight risk.

Hopefully the court will be able to sort it all out and find out whether she did neglect the boy's treatment or not.
        Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
          Because her and the boy's father are in the middle of a contentious divorce right now. In really bad divorces the couple often accuse each other of all sorts of terrible things. She insists she is innocent and her husband is trying to take the boy away from her
          But the article says it was the doctor who was originally suspicous.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Yes, but like the Doctor, we don't know all that was going on. Did the Mother have full custody, or did the father have the kid part of that time, when the appointments were cancelled? Were any of the appointments rescheduled or not? Was she having trouble paying for the meds and gas for the trips to the hospital? If so, did she tell anyone and ask for help?

The fact is that she has not been proven guilty yet. She must have been able to prove she was a low flight risk or something, because the judge released her on her own recognizance.
            Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

I wonder how much of the way she is being treated is because the child has autism. Parents and caregivers of disabled children who kill or abuse them are often given much lighter sentences, if any, because of the prevailing attitude that the parent must have had to endure so much, it's understandable.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Stay away from Fratching material please, all.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                X