Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure that the Walden Galleria here in Buffalo has one of those policies. Something about how if you're 16(or 18, I'm not sure) or under, you can't be in the mall after 5 p.m. on the weekends. I'll have to ask the one person I know who works there, to see if she thinks it's any use.
    I know when I worked at the White Marsh Mall in Baltimore, I prayed to a deaf god that they would implement some rule like that. The mass majority of my irritations there were the young teens who hung out there.
    "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
    "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
    X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

i can see how this will hurt
      Mom wants Susie to buy new clothes for school
      Susie cant go alone to the mall now, and wont set foot in it anyways because OH MY GAWD they are like discriminating
      and if mommy takes her she sulk around refuse to try on anything, and get into a big hissy fit of a fight with mom in the middle of the store loudly.
      When security comes to break it up (because we are dsturbing the perfect family environment, dont worry the bev is close by) mom will turn and start screaming at them because it is there own damn fault because they think her kid is a vagurant and they should all be shot.
      I actually believe the teenagers can really hurt the mall.
      I mean if they dont patronize it, no more oh i dont have blls lete by this 200 dress, or maybe they wont even apply to work there, and no more money for the stores.
      but i also want to test the security as i always want to do.
      Because if i can get them to not card a 17 yearold but to card a 31 yearold, i would be happy

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        I don't remember of any court challenge to Mayfair's PGR policy, but I do know there were people claiming the policy was racially motivated and trying to organize a boycott.

I happened to drive down there shortly after the policy went into effect and found a few protesters waving signs around. Didn't seem to be hurting business any.

In any case the PGR policy is still in effect and they do have large signs throughout the mall informing shoppers of the policy. So if there was a court challenge it didn't get far.
        I was in Mayfair in December when I went home for Christmas. That was the 1st i'd heard of the curfew. According to my brother the positive response has far out weighed the negative.
        Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.---Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Quoth unclejampuff View Post
          I know when I worked at the White Marsh Mall in Baltimore, I prayed to a deaf god that they would implement some rule like that. The mass majority of my irritations there were the young teens who hung out there.
          Neat. I live about 4 miles from White Marsh Mall.

Comment

Sliceanddice . . .the curfew/ armbands is only for Fri and Sat mid afternoon to close.
            So if little Suzy wants to go with her friends for back to school clothes . . it can be done during the week, Sat am till curfew kicks in, or Sunday.

We have an "open" mall here. It can be horrid on Fri/Sat nights. The sidewalks are about 4 people wide . . these teens will crowd in as close together as possible and barrel through. If you are two people wide . . .only one is getting through. If you say "Excuse Me" so that you can fit . . .you get that wonderful teen look of you are too old to be talking to me go away (even if you are in your mid 20's)
            I don't have a problem with the polite ones. The group of 6 that walk 2 by 2 or even down to 1 so that others can get through. The ones that need to cross in front to go into a store and say excuse me . . .the ones who will open a door for the Mom with her hands full etc.

It only seems to take one bad tomato and then no one wants tomato

Comment

Working...
            X