This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupl left 3-year old at airport.

An Israeli couple left their the year old daughter at Ben-Guiron Airport while the couple and their other kids got on a plane to Paris. TApparantly each parent thought the girl was with the other. They did remeber their suitcases and duty-free shopping though.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7540112.stm

She's 4, not 3. And how the hell do you not notice you're a child short?! They don't take head-counts?!

That little girl is lucky that CPS (if there is such a thing, I don't know what the acronym would be outside the US) didn't take her to a foster home.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Someone had to do it.
      Testing
      "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I live in fear of being that mother.

'Honey, where's the baby?'
        'Sh*t, I left it at the bus stop!'

I'm so forgetful, It is a genuine concern for me. Luckily motherhood is some years in the future now....
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Sorry. Had to laugh. Everyone I know has left their kids somewhere. My friend even left her (first) baby at KMart got all the way home and realised. She wasn't used to having a kid and just forgot.

My cousin was with her 3 year old daughter in the supermarket and she wandered off sparking a city wide police search. She was delivered home (about 15 KMs out in the country by a car load of local Mongrel Mob gang members who found her wandering down one of the main roads out of town.
          Yes. I know my typing sucks but I have a large orange cat sitting on my keyboard and a small disturbed dog trying to sniff his butt

Comment

I have to wonder about the airline as well. Because aren't they supposed to count the boarding passes? If the family had an extra one wouldn't they have asked why? I once had that happen, (how I got this other person's boarding pass I'll never know) but when I handed over the boarding passes and passports to get on the flight, the employee informed me of the extra one and asked if I had someone else in the party. I was shocked that I indeed had someone else's boarding pass in with mine.

I also remember one flight I took where they lost part of my son's boarding pass after we had boarded. The flight attendants came over to me to check and make sure that he had boarded the flight. Since according to their records, he hadn't.

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
              I have to wonder about the airline as well. Because aren't they supposed to count the boarding passes? If the family had an extra one wouldn't they have asked why?

The mother might have forgotten it in her purse / bag, or thought someone else had it.
              Testing
              "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I got left at an airport when I was about that age.

My grandmother was taking me to see my uncle, and while she was making a call at one of the payphones, told me to sit under it (so I'd be out of the way, etc).

By the time she was done her call (seriously, this woman can talk. takes 20 minutes to get a word in edgewise. ) she forgot I was there and walked off without me! I don't know how far she got (the distance fluctuates with each telling) but she came back and got me, still under the payphone.
                Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                X