This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS is why I won't make change

A guy has been going around hitting supermarkets, scamming them $50. Sadly this chain apparently would let their cashiers do a no sale to give some random SC change for different bills.

http://www.wwlp.com/Global/story.asp?S=9073189

This is why you seperate out the bills as you count them back to the customer.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

..and a manager could easily count the drawer to see if it was $45 over what it should be.

That happened to me once... I was working front register and a guy bought stuff and got like, $40 cash back on his debit card... left and came back saying I never gave him anything.

Manager came out, counted the drawer which was the correct amount exactly, and told the guy to take a hike.
      I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

that's why I always count it back

I've never had any scam attempts *knocks on wood*(no, not that wood )

Comment

We had one of these at work. Basically, he'd buy something with a $100 note (rare in Australia even) and then while the drawer was open, ask for us to break a $50. When we hand back change, he'd state that we short-changed him $50 when we didn't.
          This is why we can't do change through our checkouts anymore .
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

that's why when people do that I leave the bill they want broken whereever they put it as I count back their change as the receipt states, then break the bill. I guess I can't say for sure no one has ever tried to scam me, but no one has gotten far into their plan *knocks on wood* (yes, that wood this time )

Comment

Working...
            X