This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo DSi

The next generation of the Nintendo DS has been announced. Known as the DSi, it's thinner and lighter with a built in camera, flash memory, web browser and SD card slot. No GBA slot though.

news article and review: http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...endos_dsi.html

video featuring a bunch of games etc. http://www.new.facebook.com/video/vi...?v=38069490476

(sorry I couldn't find a copy of the video off Facebook)

Quoth edible_hat View Post
    No GBA slot though.
    That's sad. I know newer technology might not be compatible with older, but I was disappointed to see that some of my GBA (and prior) games wouldn't work with my DS, so I still have the GBA just for those (hey, there are some good NES classics for GBA and not DS).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
      I was disappointed to see that some of my GBA (and prior) games wouldn't work with my DS, so I still have the GBA just for those (hey, there are some good NES classics for GBA and not DS).
      I know what you mean, between my fiance and I we have two GBAs, a Game Boy Colour and an original Game Boy hanging around our apartment. (And a Sega Master System but that's another story).

The reaction at my gaming club was mixed, some people want to pre-order it already (even though it's not even available in Japan yet) and some think it's a kind of stop-gap while they work on the real next generation.

Comment

I'll agree with the latter - something to meet the public's demands for something new while they work on the next thing - just like the DS Lite.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
        X