X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitlement Whore at His Worst

Motorcyclist hits construction flagger

Guy claims he makes more money than the flaggers and doesn't have to stop.
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

What an asshole! I hope they catch him and throw the book at him!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Gunther was busy training a newbie, but her supervisor Tom Cannon called to warn her of the scofflaw who said he didn't have to obey flaggers who didn't make enough money to warrant his respect.
      Hey, guess what, I bet the cops who arrest his worthless ass don't make as much as he does, either. Is he going to be stupid enough to disrespect them?

Probably. Arrogant putz. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Wish they'd gotten the plates on his motorcycle.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I wonder if he's a relative of the crazy RN who bragged about her wealth at WM. There bot h asshats, and they seem to have a common argument that"people who make less money then me aren't to be treated with respect", I hope they catch him and throm him in the pokey with people who make less then he does.

Comment

I hope they catch the guy, what an @$$hole.

At least the worker has a sense of humor over the ordeal:

She's joked that she's most angry her step-children found out her real age when her name got plastered all over the newswire.

"They just kept saying, 'Gunther, 59,'" she said. "I didn't want them to know that.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I'm pleased to see her employer is offering a reward. That's a stand-up company.

I'm a little confused though. She stood in front of the motorcyclist "to talk to him" but was thrown 15 feet by the "impact"?

No, I'm sorry, she didn't. She stepped in the path of an oncoming motorcyclist and was hit. Still his fault, but she did a Stupid Thing. Yes, she did. Standing in front of a motorcyclist "to talk to him" would imply he had stopped. If was stopped, she didn't fly no 15 feet when he took off.

Something's not right here. And I'm not saying it justifies hitting her or that he's not still 100% at fault, but something in journalism land smells fishy here. Reporting the facts, or garnering sympathy for (an admittedly) innocent victim?

Comment

Yeah, stepping in front of a moving motorcycle when she knows that he doesn't think he has to stop isn't the brightest. She should've taken down his license plate instead.

That said, I hope that she recovers fully ... and that they catch the guy after he's been drinking and has wrapped his bike around a large concrete wall.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I looked up some of the previous articles and he seemingly backed off from the argument, revved up to go, then at the last minute swerved and ran her down. There are several witnesses to back it up. She did not step into the path of a moving motorcycle.
                My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Fifteen feet seems an awful long way to be thrown by a bike that's close enough that you can talk to the rider, who accelerates suddenly. Knock you down? Heck yeah, but not throw you 15 feet in the air.

Not that I'm prepared to try it, mind.

Comment

15 feet isn't that far when you really think about it. You get hit by a vehicle, get thrown a couple of feet, then roll a few more feet you can easily be at 10-15 feet.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

10 feet is nothing. My dome tent is 10 feet across, and frankly, I'd hate to have to share it for any length time. If I stumbled over the door frame entering it, I'd probably jam my head into the opposite wall, so yeah. I can believe someone got knocked 10 to 15 feet. It's just not that far a distance when you are moving.

Comment

Working...
                      X