Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comic expresses why people who look down on happy retail workers suck.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comic expresses why people who look down on happy retail workers suck.

http://www.punchanpie.net/cgi-bin/autokeenlite.cgi

Today's Punch an' Pie goes into something I've run into in the past (and occasionally been guilty of): Expecting everyone to want a white collar office job or some career that requires a college education, when really many people would be happier making less money and doing a job they love, even if that's a job those office types would consider horrible.

I think many those here who love their jobs have run into the "Don't you want to better yourself?" thing from time to time, so I thought I'd share the link.
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

argh. Darn you. I now have *another* webcomic to read.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

The SO doesn't seem to grasp the "But it makes me happy!" concept either.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post

Today's Punch an' Pie goes into something I've run into in the past (and occasionally been guilty of): Expecting everyone to want a white collar office job or some career that requires a college education, when really many people would be happier making less money and doing a job they love, even if that's a job those office types would consider horrible.

I think many those here who love their jobs have run into the "Don't you want to better yourself?" thing from time to time, so I thought I'd share the link.
        Yeah... My folks never really grasped the concept that I didn't want a high paying white-collar job, either.

Then again, not many people would understand that going to work every single day knowing that your boss was going to treat you worse than dog shit so that maybe, maybe when something real happened you'd be ready to walk away from the gunfire with your heart still beating would make someone happy.

"Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          The SO doesn't seem to grasp the "But it makes me happy!" concept either.
          My point of view may be limited despite living with you EQ but I am pretty sure you do not act happy a lot of the time for work.
          Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

OUCH!! And the Comic does a follow up that I already saw coming from Punch and Pie. Its a great comic. But I miss Angie!

Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Yeah I knew that wasn't going to work out for her... poor thing! He's such a jerkface.
              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
                My point of view may be limited despite living with you EQ but I am pretty sure you do not act happy a lot of the time for work.
                You should try seeing me actually AT work. I'm very happy doing what I do but when people start putting me down for working in, OMG a Lowly Customer Service Job!!11!, I get more then a little pissed.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                X