• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop: "I Can Do Whatever I Want"

Cop chokes a reporter taping on public property:

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/cbs.pho....2.849897.html

Bad cop, no donut for you!

One of my favorite lines from Backdraft applies to that officer:

"See that twinkle in the corner of your eye? That's your career dissipation light. It just went into high gear."

"I can do whatever I want!"

Yeah, you be sure and tell them that when you file for unemployment, dumba$$.
    Last edited by Caveat Emptor; 11-23-2008, 09:25 PM.
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Screw unemployment. He can tell it to the judge as he's trying to keep himself out of pound-me-in-the-ass prison.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What bothers me is that you do not see what hapens leading up to the incident.

While what we see looks like a reporter was being treated unfairly, what happened before that?
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Some people are in it for the glory, some are in it for the sense of pride, some are in it for the duty.

This guy was obviously in it because he has a small penis. Gotta feel big and important somehow! Right, Timmy Tinydick?
          The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Dunno draggar. Watching the whole video, it looks like a confrontation was brewing between the officer and someone else when the cameraman moved forward to start taping it. Shortly after that, he was ordered to put the camera away.

If the cameraman was on public property, not trespassing, and not interfering, then the cop was in the wrong.

You are correct that there is a period of time that is, basically, unaccounted for, though. I'd like to see it, but something makes me believe that, this time, the copy might well have been in the wrong.

Comment

Unless the reporter was threatening the cop with a knife or gun, strangulation is not the best way to sort out that situation.
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
                "I can do whatever I want!"
                Anything you can do, I can do better....
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  What bothers me is that you do not see what hapens leading up to the incident.

While what we see looks like a reporter was being treated unfairly, what happened before that?
                  From what his boss was saying, the cop was in the wrong. I know I'm quick to usually jump on the cop's side if the situation is unclear, but in this case, I'd say he was a dick....
                  "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
                  X