This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashiers of 1965

This entertaining video by the Super Market Association features not one but THREE former International Checkers of the Year!

Complete with a couple of SCs for good measure, the background music is the theme from Leave it to Beaver, the staff all wears lovely nylon uniforms and the cutting edge technology is definitely Neolithic:
    http://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/pe...he_front_line/
    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Say it with me now...

"I love UPC barcodes! I LOVE UPC BARCODES! BUAHA!"

Comment

That was great. My father worked in a "super market" back in the 50s, starting as a bagger and moving up to cashier. He's told me some of his experiences with SCs and a moron manager (Yes. People sucked back then just as they do now). He'd get a huge kick out of the scowling meat manager in that video.

I'll have to post some of his stories.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I thought when I heard the opening music that it was a fake, then it went downhill from there!

My favourite quote

"On a busy week $5000 may pass through my till"

Haven't things changed.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
          I thought when I heard the opening music that it was a fake, then it went downhill from there!

My favourite quote

"On a busy week $5000 may pass through my till"

Haven't things changed.
          As a rough guesstimate, that could almost be a busy *hour* these days.

Comment

I really want to see this but I can't get it to work, either in IE or Firefox.
            Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
            X