This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Cable sues Monster Mini Golf

Douchebag company whose overpriced cables are no better than coathangers sues mom and pop mini golf franchise.

Hey! I remember that study! Audiophiles couldn't accurately pick which system was using Monster Cables vs. a bunch of other types, including plain copper wire, right? Buncha douches. This suit shouldn't go anywhere.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Wow. Per TESS, the US Patent and Trademark Office online search, Monster Cable was granted a trademark on the phrase "Monster Cable" back on December 30, 1980 (All Monster Cable trademarks.

The "Goods and Services" that are to be associated with this mark are "Speaker Wire", "Audio Cable", "Musical and Voice Transmitting Cable and Connectors Therefore", "Electrical Signal Transmitting Cable and Connectors Therefore", "Computer Cables", "Electrical Equipment; Namely Cables and Connectors", "Entertainment Equipment; Namely Loudspeakers, Loudspeaker Mounts, and Electrical Cabling".

The "Goods and Services" are an important distinction. It's what allows companies to have the same name and different products. For instance, Apple Records (the ones who publish the Beatles) and Apple Computers.

Now, with Monster Cable going after Monster Mini-Golf, I'm confused. Is Monster Cable going into the mini-golf industry? It's the only reason I can think of why the owner of Monster Cable could be so brain dead as to let this suit happen.

And Monster Mini-Golf is expecting to incur $250,000 in legal fees just to keep their name. This is truly atrocious.

Comment

Never mind, memory falible.
        Last edited by Nyoibo; 12-04-2008, 05:56 AM. Reason: Dumbness
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

.... and if they're going after Monster Golf....

Are they going to sue www.monster.com next?
          and what about Monster Energy drinks?
          Or Monsters Inc?

in my opinion.. it's a weak case... and they need to realize they don't own the copywrite on the word Monster.
          Last edited by PepperElf; 12-05-2008, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            .... and if they're going after Monster Golf....

Are they going to sue www.monster.com next?
            and what about Monster Energy drinks?
            Or Monsters Inc?

in my opinion.. it's a weak case... and they need to realize they don't own the copywrite on the word Monster.
            They have already sued Monster.com, who gave in and paid them for the "rights" to use the word monster in their logo. This is a popular tactic of bully corporations who think they can unreasonably claim ownership of a word. They go after small companies and force them to give in to them because it's more expensive to fight against them in court than to do so, thus giving them more and more rights.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

...I know we don't do like, threatening and stuff, but...isn't there some way we can, like, I don't know...HURT them? Not in an illegal way...but still...

(Bullies just set my crazy buttons off...especially stupid-ass bullies like this.)
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I read about the laywer who fought back and frightened them off

good for him

good luck to these people!
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

"What's that coming over the hill, it's a lawsuit, it's a lawsuit..."

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                    ...I know we don't do like, threatening and stuff, but...isn't there some way we can, like, I don't know...HURT them? Not in an illegal way...but still...
                    Actually, there is a very simple way to hurt Monster Cable, and do so legally: Boycott them.

Don't buy their products, and don't let your friends buy their products.

I've already been doing that for a long time. I recommend everybody else do the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X