X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    can it be both at the same time
    That was basically my question, so... yes?
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

"ShopRite can't even make a cake for a 3-year-old," said Deborah Campbell, 25, who is Heath's wife of three years and the mother of the children. "That's sad."
      Actually they can and have. When you name you kids after a mass murder known for killing millions of people and want "Happy Birth Adolf Hilter" on the cake they have evry right to tell you to GTFO.

I would have refused to write that if someone asked me.

Comment

The store is now having to defend itself???

The store doesn't have to say anything about why they denied writing out "Adolf Hitler" on the cake. These people wanted notoriety and they got it. Boy had party. End of story now.

Comment

Here's the question I haven't seen asked: If the parents don't think there's anything unusual or wrong in naming their children Adolf Hitler and Aryan Nation, why didn't they simply choose to legally change their own names to those instead?

I find it strange that they haven't, considering that Deborah is a name with Jewish origins. Of course, I'm assuming that they're educated enough to know what they're supporting, if they are at all and not just fame-mongering.

I believe it's Italy that has a restriction on what parents can name children and in cases like this, I can see why. Yes, it's a slippery slope, so I know why the US doesn't, it just seems like it would be better than all of the therapy these kids will need.
          "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            From the article:
            The problems the children might encounter in school, he said, "would be icing on the cake."

Poor word choice? Or awesome word choice?
            Yes!

and...

I'm not your boyfriend!

*runs away*
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
              I believe it's Italy that has a restriction on what parents can name children and in cases like this, I can see why. Yes, it's a slippery slope, so I know why the US doesn't, it just seems like it would be better than all of the therapy these kids will need.
              Australia has laws on what you can name kids too, things that are considered vulgar or offensive to the community get declined from memory.
              If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                Sometimes I think we shouldn't get named until we're legally adults and decide them for ourselves. At least you can't blame anyone but yourself for a bad name then.
                Then you get idiots like Mr Abolishthefamilycourt and Sydney Harbour-Bridge. Two actual (and semi-famous) cases of name changes by deed poll. Except that the first one was denied on the grounds that you're not allowed to change your name for political gain. The second one's wife left him.

I went to school with a guy named Jock who, after many jockstrap jokes, started demanding everyone call him John. And legally changed his name to John on his 18th birthday.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post

I went to school with a guy named Jock who, after many jockstrap jokes, started demanding everyone call him John. And legally changed his name to John on his 18th birthday.
                  I hope he doesn't get thrown into port-a-potties and then tipped over now.
                  I will never go to school!

Comment

I feel bad for this kid- I really do. His parents are racist idiots, yes.

For now he's a just 3 year old kid, who doesn't get it, and will just be happy he had a cake, presents and other kids at his party.

I hope he had a good birthday.
                    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                    HellGate: London

Comment

There's a thread about this story on Planet Feeback, too.

Chris M. raised a very good point:
                      That said, I actually think these parents are unfit and would have no problems with the children being removed for their own good. I feel that these names are actually a form of child abuse, setting these children up for ridicule and jokes for their life. It would not surprise me if they are ashamed of their names. This, all for the sake of the parents wants, not the kids.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Honestly, if my last name were Campbell, I'd have named my son Bruce...
                        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

That kid will be seriously fucked for life....
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                            Now realize that Adolf Hitler wasn't Aryan, and we have a whole new can of worms. (Aryans tend to be light skinned, light haired with light eyes. Hitler had dark hair and eyes. Which is why I always laughed because he was the "most jewish" looking person in the era)
                            *nitpick* The original Aryans were located in Asia and were dark skinned and everything Hitler hated. I find it so funny! *end nitpick*
                            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                              Then you get idiots like Mr Abolishthefamilycourt and Sydney Harbour-Bridge. Two actual (and semi-famous) cases of name changes by deed poll. Except that the first one was denied on the grounds that you're not allowed to change your name for political gain. The second one's wife left him.

Jock? I would have thought it was Jacques? Pronounced the same but spelled as such, it's the French version of John or Jack.

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                              *nitpick* The original Aryans were located in Asia and were dark skinned and everything Hitler hated. I find it so funny! *end nitpick*
                              This is true, I'll give you that. I wonder, did Hilter kill blacks too? I was never knew and am too lazy to look it up.
                              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                                I wonder, did Hilter kill blacks too? I was never knew and am too lazy to look it up.
                                Hitler destroyed anyone who wasn't white and didn't agree with him. He killed Jews, political and religious dissenters, homosexuals, Roma, Slavs, the disabled, you name it. I don't think there were many blacks in Europe at the time, but they probably would've been among them, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X