Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man's bid exact on Price Is Right showcase.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man's bid exact on Price Is Right showcase.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/12/1...-show-history/

so the guy got both showcases, and the value of of his showcase?

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      so the guy got both showcases, and the value of of his showcase?
      As Drew so so disinterestedly announced, $23,473. Why couldn't this have happened when Bob Barker was still hosting?

Seriously, Drew Carey is awful. TPiR nowadays is awful. I wouldn't even watch it if I could. They should've just pulled the plug when Bob retired.

As for the exacta, either that guy took an incredibly lucky guess, or the fix was in.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I would have loved to seen Bob Barkers reaction if he was still hosting. What a guess.

Comment

Television game show hosting is an art form as Bob Barker has proven to us all that not just anyone can do his job.

On that note, I agree, that was a spectacular moment in the history of that game show. Thanks to Drew for ruining what should have been an incredibly exciting TV moment.

Comment

I miss Bob. Drew is nice, sometimes, but I miss Bob.

Comment

Oh come on, it can't be bad as the announcer trying to sing a Bare Naked Ladies song and Sailor "Copyright Infringement" Moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1ChzJA9wI

Comment

how often does somebody bid within, what is it...$500 or so of their original showcase? as far as i know, hardly ever....

to have BOTH contestants either bid right on the mark, or within $500 is amazing.

Comment

I still don't get why they went from the polished, somewhat flashy Bob Barker, to Drew Carey, who whole shtick is kinda being a low-key slob. I mean, DC is great for hosting Whose Line, but not Price is Right...

I miss Bob Barker...
                  "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                    Television game show hosting is an art form as Bob Barker has proven to us all that not just anyone can do his job.

BRING BACK MONTY HALL!!!! I want to see ice cubes pulled from some lady's purse
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFUrC...eature=related
                      aparently he wasnt hoping with joy is that they suspect cheating because of the other lady, and there was a large gap between the bids and them showing the results

Comment

i like drew. i figure bob barker was former military (navy if i remember) so i like that they picked another former military. yeah drew is former reserves i think... and he's one of the top entertainers for the USO. so yeah i like drew.

and if i remember... you have to be within x emount of dollars to win both showcases, but being right on the nose doesn't hurt obviously

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post
                          how often does somebody bid within, what is it...$500 or so of their original showcase? as far as i know, hardly ever....

to have BOTH contestants either bid right on the mark, or within $500 is amazing.
                          I agree. Amazing or fishy.
                          Quote Dalesys:
                          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I remember (vaguely, it was over half a lifetime ago) both a "within $100" (win both showcases) and a "double over" (nobody wins), and Bob Barker made both of them sound exciting. Of course, I remember when TPIR was a half-hour show (2 minigames, then the showcase - no wheel to pick the showcase contender).
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

then again ... it's not cheating to get answers from the audience unless they specifically say "don't help". the audience always yells suggestions otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X