X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell, Computer....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/..._roddenberry_1

I was really hoping to meet her at a convention, although I was never able to get the time for one of the major ST ones.

Her voice was a huge part of my childhood, both as the Computer and as Lwaxana Troi.

RIP.

(please don't turn this into a contest over which series is better, or whether ST is better than SW. I don't want to see this thread derail.)

What?! NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!

Come back Majel! I loved you! *reaches*
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

And she was like everywhere within the Star Trek stuff too

Comment

I loved her voice...and she was great actress

RIP
        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Aw. I really liked her as Lwaxana Troi.

I met her at a convention once, and got her autograph. I think I still have it around somewhere.

RIP, Majel.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

No way! So sad.......She will be missed...

Comment

NOOOO!!!!!

I've just been re-watching TNG, she never failed to crack me up as Lwaxana.
              If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

How did I miss this? Majel Barret-Roddenberry died

On Dec 18th:
                http://www.ktla.com/landing_news/?Me...828&feedID=171

She was married to Gene Roddenberry - the creator of Star Trek and heavily involved with the franchise until his death in 1991.

She was also the voice of the computer in TNG, DS9, and VOY and played Luxwana Troi (sp?) - Deanna's mother.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Merged threads.
                  "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                  HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/..._roddenberry_1

I was really hoping to meet her at a convention, although I was never able to get the time for one of the major ST ones.

Her voice was a huge part of my childhood, both as the Computer and as Lwaxana Troi.

RIP.

(please don't turn this into a contest over which series is better, or whether ST is better than SW. I don't want to see this thread derail.)

I met her at convention about 10 years ago.. My Klingon club actuality did security at the convention, and for part of it, I was stationed (in Costume) at the Autograph table, basically standing behind her. She was extremely nice to everyone that was she spoke with (including the Convention volunteers) and let people take their time when it became their turn at the table.
                    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

hmmmm and you know, she's the only actor who's been in every single series... (possibly every show or movie too)

not sure about "enterprise" but i think even that one ... cos it was mentioned in one of the books... The enterprise hadn't been commissioned yet, and Number Two (did she ever get a name?) had programmed the computer with her own voice, explaining that a female voice would carry better during an emergency. and of course after that her voice became the standard.

(and yeah... at no more Lwuxana... one of the characters i liked the most from that series)
                      Last edited by PepperElf; 01-06-2009, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X