This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't bloody learn do they?

This is a link to the BBC news website that shows footage from when Selfridges opens its doors today for the post Christmas sale.

To say it's a stampede is an understatement and those poor security staff must have crapped themselves!
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Holy hell and a handcart!

Recession? What recession?
    "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

So how many forms and hours of consueling was needed to unrangle that mess?

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
        So how many forms and hours of consueling was needed to unrangle that mess?
        Well, whatever you think it was, double it and add some. Tomorrow's going to be even worse - M&S and Next have their early morning sale starts. Heaven preserve those staff... Expect even worse pictures if you dare look tomorrow.
        "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Quoth MannersMakethMan View Post
          Recession? What recession?
          To be honest, recession is probably why some of the "stampedes" at Black Friday and after Christmas sales have been worse this year. People don't have as much to spend, but want to get stuff, so they are extra and extremely aggressive at sales and with any markdowns. It's like people coupon clipping now who never would have.

Just because there's a recession doesn't mean people don't spend. It just means they spend less and are more willing to do anything they have to to get a deal or something for less.
          I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Wait til the crowd finds out that there are no more pink camo.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Once again I find myself agreeing with persephone (this happened yesterday too). The recession causes rather than prevents this kind of behaviour. At least, if not a direct cause, it contributes.

Comment

It's like people saying that cuz there's a recession, people are going to cut back on smokes and booze when in fact, people smoke and drink more.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

What gets me about the 'Oh, it's a recession, so I've got less money," is that most people have exactly the same amount of money. Just less job security.

Rapscallion

Comment

That's what confuses me Raps. I don't have less money. I don't know what this "recession" nonsense is. My pay packet is the same week to week.

Sure, a few groceries might have gone up a bit, but that's usually more due to fuel than general economy downturn. So that doesn't make a huge difference.

My bank hasn't increased my mortgage payment requirements, my power company hasn't markedly increased their rates, the phone bill is the same, the internet bill is still dependent on my own use ...

I dunno ... what recession? I don't have less money.

Comment

The UK is in a recession too? Huh.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Eh. I think I'm in a recession, despite the fact that I get the same hours and same pay. Before I'd at least have a 100 dollars when I get paid again. Now I'm normally down to my last ten bucks.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          The UK is in a recession too? Huh.
                          Ours is called the "credit crunch".
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            Ours is called the "credit crunch".
                            Yours sound more sophisticated then ours.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

"Are they mad? Well, it's very tempting when you've got designer handbags with 60% off."
                              just what you need in a recession a gucci handbag, it will go nicely with your unemployment cheque
                              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                              X