Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just when you think it can't get worse..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when you think it can't get worse..

The guy asks for a lifeline..

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1773116

(French version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire")
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Oh good Lord.

I can imagine being confused initially. From our perspective, we see both the sun and the moon rotating around us - so how can the answer be only one of them? But really...

Can 42% of that audience get up and smack the 56%? LOL

Comment

*blinks*

Uh, u wot?

How can someone do that...?
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

*blinks*.................
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Astronomy FAIL.

To be fair, he seemed to know that Mars and Venus were not possible answers. But that was after the audience had also rejected those answers.

As for the audience... well. The only guess I have is that they misread the question as "What does the Earth orbit around?", not "What orbits around the Earth?".

Comment

I hope the 56% did that, but somehow I really strongly doubt it.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
              As for the audience... well. The only guess I have is that they misread the question as "What does the Earth orbit around?", not "What orbits around the Earth?".
              Quoth One-Fang View Post
              I hope the 56% did that, but somehow I really strongly doubt it.
              I doubt it, too (I can see a small percentage getting it wrong that way, but no more than 5%?). I don't know French too well but if spoken slowly (or read) I can get the just of what is being said (I know enough Spanish to cover for it).

The question is:

"What gravitates around the Earth?"

Granted, I don't know ANY American who would say that (our term would be rotates) but it would have the same meaning to them.

Maybe the French invented time travel and shipped over half of the audience from Medieval Europe?

Edit: No, wait, I think in America they'd ask "What goes around the earth?"
              Last edited by draggar; 12-31-2008, 11:25 AM.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
              X