X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my...

http://members.shaw.ca/The_Wizard_of..._the_Bayou.htm

"Every Girl's Dream Wedding!" I can hope the girl is being sarcastic, but... I don't believe she is...

. . .

That is incredibly tacky. I sincerely hope that the whole idea of thinking redneck-ism is an in thing to do dies out soon. They were playing CMT at the doctor's office today and I saw an ad for 'My Big Redneck Wedding' or something like that. I died a little inside.

I think it might be neat to have a wedding gown that has an Elvish appearance, but I don't think I'd go all out and have a 'themed' wedding where I dressed my ringbearers up like little hobbits or anything.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
      I think it might be neat to have a wedding gown that has an Elvish appearance, but I don't think I'd go all out and have a 'themed' wedding where I dressed my ringbearers up like little hobbits or anything.
      Exactly! There's a right way and a wrong way to do "theme" weddings. Insparations from your favorite book / movie / ect? Great. But a full out theme wedding? ugh.

And I think that wedding in the OP was EXTREMELY tacky, but hey -- the bride seemed to be enjoying herself. And really, I guess in the end, that's all that matters.
      I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth persephone View Post
        And I think that wedding in the OP was EXTREMELY tacky, but hey -- the bride seemed to be enjoying herself. And really, I guess in the end, that's all that matters.
        True, but is she going to be looking at her wedding album ten or twenty years from now and go "What was I thinking?!" The redneck thing seems to be a big fad right now, especially in the south where I live, thanks, I'm sure, to Larry the Cable guy and the like. But will it always be 'fashionable' or will it go the same road as teased hair and disco shoes? Also, I think people keen on themed weddings need to think about how feasible it really is, and if they'd be alienating family members or friends who might not be into camo and pit bulls or groomsmen dressed as Stromtroopers as they are.
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

No, it's not that far fetched.

A girl I went to high school with and her husband DID have a "Redneck" wedding.

Now, I've noticed a lot of really laid back weddings, mostly because of the economy and most normal people realizing that it's just not practical to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a wedding, let alone pay for a wedding dress what you'd put down for a car payment on a new car. And I have no issue with that. Brides still look amazing and beautiful even if they don't have a 50 foot train and the parties are fine without a chocolate fountain....but a wedding where the men dress up in BLAZE ORANGE hunting gear and the women dress equally as tacky? That's just.....I'm not even going there. I didn't go to that wedding. I was afraid I'd run into that Bubba J puppet from Comedy Central.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

True, but is she going to be looking at her wedding album ten or twenty years from now and go "What was I thinking?!" The redneck thing seems to be a big fad right now, especially in the south where I live, thanks, I'm sure, to Larry the Cable guy and the like. But will it always be 'fashionable' or will it go the same road as teased hair and disco shoes? Also, I think people keen on themed weddings need to think about how feasible it really is, and if they'd be alienating family members or friends who might not be into camo and pit bulls or groomsmen dressed as Stromtroopers as they are.
            I live in the South too. And I know people who don't want this because it's "fashionable" but because, well, they're rednecks. You know? It happens.

Some people are insane.

Comment

It just a wedding. Two people having fun and celebrating their love for one another. Its ok. It may not be a /standard/ wedding, but they loved it. Which is what weddings are for.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                It just a wedding. Two people having fun and celebrating their love for one another. Its ok. It may not be a /standard/ wedding, but they loved it. Which is what weddings are for.
                Which is why I said that while *we* may think it's tacky, it's her wedding, she's happy and that's all that matters.

Comment

... You said "Elvish" and I thought of someone with an Elvis-themed wedding gown. That made my brain sad.

Comment

That looks like the wedding Cheating Manwhore of An Ex® would have.

All he lived for was fishing and bow hunting season.

He HONESTLY thought, not only that he would drag me fishing and hunting, but that I would *enjoy* it.

Fuck no.

Moving on...
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Oooooooooh...I want it.

Comment

I like the catfish cake. That's about the only positive comment I can make, though.

Comment

How much you wanna bet they ordered this through GK ... and were the source of one of one of the infamous posts here?

Comment

Working...
                          X