This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night of the Lepus

We just got this movie from Netflix. I saw this movie on TV when I was a kid. It wasn't scary then either. Because no matter how big you make bunnies look, and how much red paint you slather on their teeth, they are still bunnies and you just want to reach out and scritch their soft, soft necks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIsI7CwjH3M
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Or cronch on their soft ears.

Yeah, I saw this movie many, many years ago.

I liked it, but then I was out of my mind shit faced trashed when I saw it. So there's that.

I figured the writers and producers probably were, too. There's really no other way to explain it.

Comment

I dunno. I don't think I'd want to mess with the bunnies in Monty Python & The Holy Grail.
      Last edited by ReadyToRetire; 01-05-2009, 07:44 AM. Reason: Because I can't spell "grail" correctly the first time.

Comment

Seen it. Mostly for Deforest Kelly (lurve!). And he was the only part of that movie worth seeing.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

ooooo Bones was in that one?

but yeah.... Monty Python!

Comment

I don't even remember that (which I guess should come as no great shock.)

What I remember mainly is seeing some guy getting worked over in the back of a pickup truck bed by what looked like a couple two by fours wrapped in craft fur that I think were supposed to be giant rabbit paws.

Just some brilliant, brilliant cinemetography right there, folks.

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
              I dunno. I don't think I'd want to mess with the bunnies in Monty Python & The Holy Grail.
              If you have the Holy Hand Grenade, you're golden.

Just make sure you count to 3. And only 3. Not 4, but 3.

<slap>

<ahem> back to the thread.

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I liked the mix of hideously bad and surprisingly good special effects in this film. The aforementioned fake bunny paws slashing people up were hilarious, but the scenery models weren't half bad.

Of course, running the galloping bunnies in slo-mo didn't really give the desired effect of making them seem massive. It actually kinda reminded me of the Mythbusters ep played tonight where they tried to make "fake" moon gravity footage just by slowing the film down. It never quite looked right.

Comment

Yeah, see, I found that movie to be hilariously funny, but I don't think that was what the filmakers had in mind.

I mean, child please. Giant bunny rabbits. Really.

Even the fact that I was obliterated past the point of reason did not make that movie any less ridiculous.

In fact, I frankly did not think until now that it was even possible to get through that movie sober.

Comment

Working...
                  X