• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flags!

Two stories for the price of one....

1)
    http://notalwaysright.com/personally...polkadots/1180

American customer: “Your flag is just so pretty. I love maple leaves. Does it come in blue?”

Me: “Um, no, sorry, only red.”

American customer: “That’s a shame. My kitchen is blue, and it would look so pretty on the wall. You should make them in other colours.”

Me: “…”

Canadian customer behind her: “That’s a good point. I’ve always thought the stars-and-stripes would look great in earth tones.”

American customer: “Our flag is ALWAYS red, white and blue! Honestly, Canadians are so stupid sometimes.”
    2)
    The irony is... They do make the flag in Earth Tones... for camouflage uniforms because red white and blue would be too noticeable.

The sad part is... A sailor wearing the patch on his cammies told me that another sailor had asked him, "What country is THAT?"

American customer: “Our flag is ALWAYS red, white and blue! Honestly, Canadians are so stupid sometimes.”
    And most Americans wonder why the rest of the world looks at us the way that they do...

Just like the people on our cruise and ALL the same excursions:

"On the island of Beliez, do you have schools or hospitals?"
    "We're going to complain, there are no hand rails on these Mayan ruins"
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
      "We're going to complain, there are no hand rails on these Mayan ruins"
      It's only a matter of time before someone insists on a wheel chair ramp and OSHA regulation hand rails on Mt McKinley (highest point in the US IIRC), I've heard they're already working to make the grand canyon wheel-chair accessible.

I think the Union Jack would look lovely in pastels!
      "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Pastels?
        Sounds like something for the UN

Comment

Personally, I don't think anyone is that dumb. The majority of people I know can readily identify the flag of Canada without question and know that it only comes in those colors.

Though...I have seen rainbow American flags; do the Canadians have something similiar? (honest question...I just don't know if the rainbow flag is common only in America or not.)

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
            Personally, I don't think anyone is that dumb.
            And you've been here HOW long?

You have to remember, whenever you think you've found bottom, someone will always hand you a shovel.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

People genuinely are that dumb. The actual OP story may or may not be true, but even if it's not, that doesn't mean someone, somewhere, didn't do the exact same thing.

I used to think those "stupid tourist questions" lists were bogus. Till Mr Fang started working in tourism.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                Pastels?
                Sounds like something for the UN
                Too late. That shade of blue they wear is already there. Maybe they should add a picture of a kitten to their uniform.
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                  I used to think those "stupid tourist questions" lists were bogus. Till Mr Fang started working in tourism.
                  -I'm calling to complain, I thought my room would have an ocean view, and I don't see the ocean!

- Sir, you're in Orlando, FL

- I know, but I also know for a fact that Florida is a very thin state!!

My wife went to COA in Acadia National Park (near Bar Harbor, Maine). People would look at the islands and ask if they rose and fell with the tides, others asked if they could drive to them.

I'm sure she could fill up a book with the questions she and her friends were asked there.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Personally, I don't think anyone is that dumb.
                    It could be true that the first story was just a joke...

The second one however... I got that one first hand from the sailor who'd been wearing the cammies.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      It could be true that the first story was just a joke...

The second one however... I got that one first hand from the sailor who'd been wearing the cammies.
                      Marines wear camo and they sail.

Navy Seals...
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

true. actually i made a mistake in my story - sorry must be going insane

he wasn't wearing cammies... um i guess it was a flight suit, but he wasn't a pilot. he just worked on the air planes.

but these days squid wear cammies too not to mention those new uniforms they created

Comment

Working...
                        X