This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder why I torture myself:

1. Apparently my brain wants to keep its full functionality because the instant my eyes laid on the page they instantly began to water, blurring my view. At least tears are better than blood?
    2. This is great satire, because it has to be satire. Please some one tell me it's satire. <realization of truth slowly sinks in> the..burning..pain..Why?
    3. So I'm assuming EQ is starting the "Let's get IRV" social group
    4. The scariest part, it makes My Immortal appear decent. Crap, the brain damage has set in
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

I'm guessing that it's satire. If it wasn't, the author sounds like the type to have angry replies all over to all the comments. It was hard to read, but amusing as a joke. Bwahahaha....I'm reading my imortal now. I love the bit where Dumbledor calls them motherfuckers. That bit of idiocy will amuse me all day.
      Last edited by Shangri-laschild; 01-16-2009, 06:17 PM.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

My red sig line comes from "My Immortal". I am just that sick and twisted.
        I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Link to a hilarious sporking of Celebrian; go to one first, then the others, if you dare.

Oh my god, this is DEFINITELY NOT WORKSAFE OR SANITY SAFE! View at your peril.

If you wish to view the unsporked version, then I must tell you that you are officially batshit insane. -.- Use google, for the love of cheese. Think of the children! O_o
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

The hell? Somebody's sure hung up on buttsecks and cunnilingus.

That actually looks like something a former classmate of mine would've written. He was in my creative writing class and he was...weird. He wrote a story, which got published in the campus literary magazine, subtitled "A story of sodomy and redemption." Only there was no redemption anyplace to be found.
            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 01-16-2009, 07:15 PM.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wow! I just finished reading Celebrian. My poor tummy feels ready to puke for reals. Why do I do this to myself?
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Curiosity? O_o

And Irv, you didn't search out the unsporked version, did you? O.o
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

EEK. I only skimmed that, and my muse fainted. I don't think I want to attempt the rest....at least not when I need my brain cells.

That reminds me of a particularly horrendous Ghostbusters het/slash/orgyfic that has--I hope--been purged from the Yahoogroups archives (it's not in the newest incarnation, anyway). All I can recall is that the author's name was Trakal...god, the canon (and other) violations in that thing *shudders*

ETA: The blasphemy of which I speak cannot be found, at least not by me. Good.
                  Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-19-2009, 08:37 PM.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post

And Irv, you didn't search out the unsporked version, did you? O.o
                    No....not yet. But now I probably will, since batshit insane is everything but my name.

Okay, I made it maybe a third of the way through the unsporked version. All I have to say is that's fucked up and the author obviously has issues.
                    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 01-17-2009, 03:02 AM.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

satire? maybe not...

i've read a lot of fanfics where the author just tossed in some stupid stuff and called it literature.

i still remember one classic HP fanfic where the author posted "flames welcome" and then blasted anyone who gave her any criticism whatsoever and touted that she knew more about the series than anyone else. She didn't like my comment that "if she knew more about the series than anyone else, why was she misspelling Gryffindor" and deleted my comments. On top of that just about every other word the characters were saying was F-this and f-you. very eloquent. But she was the best writer around and knew the most about the series.

so... it is very likely the author took herself seriously when she wrote the drivel for the immortal story. sad

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        No....not yet. But now I probably will, since batshit insane is everything but my name.

Okay, I made it maybe a third of the way through the unsporked version. All I have to say is that's fucked up and the author obviously has issues.
                        My private guess is that the author is a serial killer on Death Row. O.o
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I suspect satire. Everything is just... too bad, if you know what I mean? It seems deliberate, or at least exaggerated.

Satire of what though? Everything, I think, including fan fiction as a genre, teen fashion, teen 'hardcore'...

From her profile.

fave bands- mcr, him, good charlte, blik 182, avril lavinge,anifink els goffik.

Pop punk to easy listening 'metal'. Hardly goth.
                          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I'm sure that My Immortal is trollfare; there surely can't be anyone that stupid in real life... surely? O_o
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I am convinced that both this and "My Immortal" are jokes that are doing exactly what they are meant to do- getting people all riled up over a silly, impossibly bad piece of writing. I managed to read all of "My Immortal" because it was SO damn funny, but this one just couldn't hold my attention.
                              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                Oh god. That's just, just, no words can describe it.
                                Otaku

Comment

Working...
                                X