This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with a Shoplifter

I did a quick search and did not see this anywhere on here yet.

It seems a website call Gothamist did an interview with a shoplifter and posted it to their site. I found it from the NBC New York website doing a story about their site. It actually condones shoplifting due to the recession and economy! Both sites do.

The NBC Site

The full interview at Gothamist

I personally find this horrible and cannot believe any news media website would do this.

Disgusting!

Comment

I admit, I've shoplifted. I admit that even now, sometimes when I'm out of money, have no food, am feeling particularly desperate, and am in a store and a location with a huge blind spot, it's tempting as hell. I can do it and get away with it, I have no question in my mind.

But I can't take the guilt. I might be hungry for a couple of days, but stealing even necessary groceries isn't worth it to me. The closest I've come was the temptation to steal food for my pets, and even at that, I couldn't condone myself doing it.

So, I just...no. I can't even imagine someone who considers this "just a job" and I sure as hell can't imagine some news outlet asking for ADVICE.
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
      X