• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **PET TREAT RECALL** Grreat Choice Dog Biscuits

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/petsmart01_09.html

ontact:
    PetSmart Customer Service
    1-888-839-9638

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- PHOENIX, AZ, January 20, 2009 -- PetSmart is voluntarily recalling seven of its Grreat Choice® Dog Biscuit products that contain peanut paste made by Peanut Corporation of America (PCA). PCA is the focus of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration investigation into potential salmonella contamination of peanut butter and paste made at its Blakely, Georgia facility.

Although PetSmart is not aware of any reported cases of illness related to these products, it has removed these products from its store shelves and website and is conducting the recall as a precautionary measure.

The recalled products include only the following types of Grreat Choice Dog Biscuits sold between Aug. 21, 2008 and Jan. 19, 2009:

* Small Assorted 32 oz., UPC 73725702900
    * Small/Medium Assorted 4 lb., UPC 73725700601
    * Small/Medium Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700605
    * Small/Medium Assorted 10 lb., UPC 73725702755
    * Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700638
    * Extra Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700779
    * Peanut Butter 4 lb., UPC 73725700766

Customers who purchased the recalled dog biscuit products should discontinue use immediately and can return the product to any PetSmart store for a complete refund or exchange. Customers can visit www.petsmartfacts.com for more information or contact PetSmart Customer Service at 1-888-839-9638.

No other products or flavors are included in this recall.

Edit: more info is here:
    http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls...orp301_09.html
    Last edited by draggar; 01-23-2009, 11:55 PM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

An aweful lot of their pet foods are getting recalled recently. I would wonder about shopping there anymore.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Its coming form the same (human quality) peanut butter that is being recalled.

I'm wondering if this is another "test" like I'm pretty sure the large pet food recall was a few years ago.
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I'm so glad I only use the original ones.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          Its coming form the same (human quality) peanut butter that is being recalled.

I'm wondering if this is another "test" like I'm pretty sure the large pet food recall was a few years ago.
          I saw the thing on Peanut Butter. Makes me glad I still have those big containers of it that I purchased when I was last in NC. (two 8 lbs tubs of peanut butter. I'm slowly going through it!)
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My wife was very happy whenn I sent this to the dog group last night - she was about to buy some of those treats today (but I'm praying anything still on the shelf is not part of the recall).

We found the best dog treats (and they love them) - all you need is a dehydrator (sp?).

Dehydrated chicken - Use normal bonless, raw, chicken breast (Sams, grocerey store etc..) clean like you would normal chicken, cut / slice into 1/4" strips. Dehydrate according to the instructions.

The nice thing is that you can eat it, too (it is a great snack).

Dehydrated sweet potatoes - get regular sweet potatoes, clean and cut into 1/4" clices - dehydrate. Again, safe for humans to eat, too!
            Dogs love these and it's 100% natural, 100% safe, 100% healthy, and last a long time (in the fridge).
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

My dog used to eat green beans. Right off the bush.
              Last edited by Evil Queen; 01-24-2009, 04:23 PM. Reason: I'm dyslexic today.

Comment

African Yams are also a good a cruchy snack for dogs and humans alike. I think they are a bit...meatier then sweet potatoes.

Comment

Whenever I make a salad I have some dogs hovering around me incase I drop something - they love most vegetables.

Afrian yams? I don't think we can get them here.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                  X