This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand inmates foil own escape!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7857469.stm (Contains video clip)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10554248 (Contains larger text article)

This was just too crazy, not to mention hilarious to not put up. I'm not going to spoil the clip in the BBC post, but lemme just say if you don't laugh, or at least cringe, I'll be surprised.
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

What's the point of escaping from prison in New Zealand???? Where are you gonna "hide"??? The island's about as big as a cruise ship! What are you gonna do? Walk across the border into Mexico, dye your hair black, grow a thick mustache and start a new life as "Felipe"???

Comment

Actually, NZ is about as big as Britain, with vaguely similar climate, and probably less crowded. And it has lots of mountains. You could probably hide if you really wanted to and were smart about it.

Comment

"CCTV has captured the moment when two handcuffed prisoners' attempt to escape custody came to a crashing end as they ran into a lamppost."

As soon as I read that statement before the video started playing I knew what was gonna happen. Seeing it was still better.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          What's the point of escaping from prison in New Zealand???? Where are you gonna "hide"??? The island's about as big as a cruise ship! What are you gonna do? Walk across the border into Mexico, dye your hair black, grow a thick mustache and start a new life as "Felipe"???
          What Chromatix said. New Zealand is actually a decently large place, to drive from the north to south end of the North Island would take close to a day at a steady pace of around 60MPH (Not forgetting that some places have speed limits of around 30MPH)

If you want an example of an island that is the size of a cruise ship, try Rarotonga, you can LITERALLY walk around the outside of the entire island in the space of a few hours.
          Violets are blue,
          Roses are red,
          I bequeath to thee...
          A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
            Actually, NZ is about as big as Britain, with vaguely similar climate, and probably less crowded. And it has lots of mountains. You could probably hide if you really wanted to and were smart about it.
            Which these fellows weren't, as evidenced by the fact that they were thwarted by a lamp post.
            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

*bangs head on the wall*

my god why are my countrymen hell bent on proving themselves an idiot to the world

im so embarressed!
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                *bangs head on the wall*

my god why are my countrymen hell bent on proving themselves an idiot to the world

im so embarressed!
                Stupid people are everywhere. These two boneheads could just as easily come from the U.S.
                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

If you want an example of an island that is the size of a cruise ship, try Rarotonga, you can LITERALLY walk around the outside of the entire island in the space of a few hours.
                  or Kwajalein. You can walk across the island in just an hour or two.

but seriously that's funny!

Comment

Working...
                  X