X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Brother style kids' show slammed

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21090439/

Just what are they trying to prove, anyway?
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Geez. I think they were trying to prove the Stanford Prison Experiment wasn't a one-off shot.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

WOW. That article seriously pissed me off. And I will say no more or I will be told to go to fratching. LOL.

Comment

O.O

You have got to be kidding me...but does it surprise anyone? Without order it has been shown time and time again that without rules, order, leadership....we go back to pack mentality with everyone vying for alpha if set for it. Me...I would sit back and wait for the rest to be done before putting in my play for alpha.

Comment

He said the kid "embellished"? Ballocks. It's Lord of the Flies, alright, and won't take long for things to escalate beyond Dangerous to Deadly.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

The parents were allowed to intervine so I have a feeling the show will be yanked and yanked fast.

Comment

Well, with only 4 days of "shooting" (if I remember correctly) they wouldn't have enough to make a series, and I doubt they'd be able to swing a 2 hour special or something like that.

However, I'd not accuse anyone of being crazy if they said the makers try this again.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Geez. I think they were trying to prove the Stanford Prison Experiment wasn't a one-off shot.
                horrowfrog beat me too it... but I was going more for they are trying to prove Lord of the Flies wasn't fiction.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  dang that's what i thought of too. i even got to see videos that profession made on psychology and even he said he was embarrassed about it

proof that reality tv is basically... twisted shit promoting the degradation of humans in hopes for high ratings

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    dang that's what i thought of too. i even got to see videos that profession made on psychology and even he said he was embarrassed about it
                    On a semi-related note, my high school psychology teacher went to an APA convention and reported that Dr. Zimbardo is quite the dancer.
                    Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

I watched it tonight and the most shocking thing about it is how savage the children got and how quickly. The girls in particular creating the haunted house set up was really upsetting. As far as the production goes, they are clearly there, watching every step and it was left up to the parents if they wanted their child to stay or not. Whether it was different behind the scenes or not remains to be seen.

I watched this because I remember watching the earlier series which featured them all in one house together. It was one series with girls living together, then another with boys. I find it quite interesting and would quite like to have done something like this when I was a child. Even if there are problems encountered I'm sure they'll all have some form of counselling following the programme and hopefully not be effected in the future. As mentioned before though, the house vandalism was really upsetting.

Comment

Working...
                      X