This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Bale lets loose on a lighting tech

I'll try to find the audio, they had it this morning.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28984085/

They had the audio this morning on the radio and WOW, he's a real a-hole.

Edit: here it is.

**WARNING: MAJOR LANGUAGE WARNING THIS IS NOT CENSORED**
    ** Many F-bombs warning**

You've been warned - this file is about 4.5MB.

http://www.draggar.net/stuff/christianbale.mp3
    Last edited by draggar; 02-03-2009, 11:25 AM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

That reminds me of the infamous Lilly Tomlin tirade that they play often on Howard Stern.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-4_OsaA3pE

They even had some fun of it and mixed it with a tape of the Iron Sheik screaming obscenities at callers when he was on the Scott Ferrell show on Sirius satellite radio....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tDAr...ext=1&index=19

******Plenty of f-bombs.

Comment

OMG <-- LANGUAGE warning!
      Youtube's version, about 3:49 minutes long, without commentary from the rest of the media.

I use to respect him for acting quality but... eh. Tom Cruise much, dude?

And yeah, in the audio track he threatened to walk off - "I ain't walking on the set if you're still hired!"

From the first link they said, the tirade was also sent to the insurance company in case CB walks out on the movie.

eh, guess i'll just stick to respecting Hugh Jackman... (and please, no dirt on him yet.. let me have at least one fantasy haha)

Comment

This is worth adding a post after my own last post.

Christian Bale's mother 'upset' by outburst

His mother Jenny Bale, 61, said that she now hopes this will help the public understand the incident last summer when she reported her son after he allegedly assaulted her.

The 35-year-old heart-throb was arrested after the incident at London's Dorchester Hotel, but no action was taken.

WTF ... Beating up on his own mother?
        what is wrong with you?

and according to another article, the arrest over his Mom-beating happened just days before the infamous tirade

impressed, i am not.
        Last edited by PepperElf; 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM.

Comment

AFAIK he didn't beat up his mom - in the UK yelling at someone can be classified as assault. He yelled at his mom because she was insulting his wife:
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lted-wife.html

Apparently he went off at the tech because they were in the middle of shooting a difficult scene, and this guy just walked into the camera view. If I'm concentrating that hard on something, and then have to do it AGAIN because someone messed up, betcha 5 bucks I would be that angry too.

FWIW, I'm not really a big fan of Christian Bale. Freaked me out in American Psycho and I've never looked at him the same way again...
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

All of that because one guy accidentally walked into his scene? Well, someone's cruising towards a stress-induced heart attack.

He could use a little perspective it seems. Maybe he'd be interested in accompanying Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt on one of their humanitarian jaunts. He'd meet some folks who really have something to get upset about.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Apparently he went off at the tech because they were in the middle of shooting a difficult scene, and this guy just walked into the camera view. If I'm concentrating that hard on something, and then have to do it AGAIN because someone messed up, betcha 5 bucks I would be that angry too.
              Okay, I can understand why he'd get angry, but this goes far beyond just getting angry.

Imagine if you screwed up on the job and the boss (or a customer) is in your face, screaming, dropping the f-bomb, threating your job, and threatening you physically for 4 minutes straight (if you don't think four minutes is a long time, try doing anything for 4 minutes straight). Would you think he was right to be that angry because you screwed up, or would you think he was a nutjob?

This is not an isolated incident. This guy has serious issues that need to be addressed.

Comment

That's just.....wow.

THAT is a ManTrum. To the 1000th power.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Betcha his star will start falling. Who's going to want to deal with somebody who'll go at the slightest provocation?

I'm not an actor so I don't know about this whole "getting into character" business, but did he need to go off as much as he did? I'm going to say no to that one.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    THAT is a ManTrum.
                    Seems like a regular tantrum to me. What's the difference between a tantrum and a mantrum?
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Totally unprofessional on his part

It makes me sad because I usually love his work

I used to love Val Kilmar until he did the same thing a few years ago, suddenly he wasnt so interesting to watch anymore.
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Ugh, how childish. The more I listen, the more pissed off I get at him. So you get distracted slightly, and it's THEIR fault for walking? =-= -grumbles- I feel bad for the victim of that tirade.

Comment

thats no excuse for creating a hostile work enviroment for another worker

put this situation into an office or retail setting... would it be okay for someone to go off their nut for interrupting a hugely important meeting to check the projector is working?

Anthony Hopkins is well known for staying in character when he played hannibal on set and off

I played the lead role in my senior year, a girl with 7 personalities, the cast knew to leave me alone, but if I was bumped or someone wispered to me I didnt verbally attack them because they broke my concentration.

If he is hired as a professional actor then he should behave like a professional actor. The very nature of film is being able to switch in and out of character when someone says action. This isnt the first time his temper has been a problem, he hasnt even issued an apology.

He is a EW supreme imo, his reaction was completely over the top.
                          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Unless I'm missing something there are only 2, at least only 2 highly publicized, reports of Bale losing his temper. I'm not saying its an ok thing to do, but AFAIK this isn't something that happens on a daily basis for him. He is only human, and losing your temper happens.

AFAIK the guy walking on the set was not the first time either during filming or even during that particular day of filming that this had happened. I might be wrong. In any case I chalk this up to Bale having an extremely bad day and being human. Granted he probably could control his temper a little better or back off and cool down for a bit or whatever, but are there any other incidents besides this and the alleged shouting/shoving match with his family?

Comment

You know, there's a few pretty good fratching subjects in here. Should the performance of an actor off camera affect your opinion of him on camera? Should actors be held to higher standards than people in other jobs? And other things too!

Go talk about them there. This one's over.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X