Clear All

• Man Calls 911 When There's No Lemonade

Here's The Link....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,4653244.story
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

1) WTF?
    2) Why the hell are stories like this always local to me?

(I've eaten at the mentioned Burger King before).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

*sighs* People like this make my boil. Someone could be in serious trouble, yet unable to reach 911 because morons like the guy in the article think getting their lemonade is far more important than some sick or dying person!

How selfish and spoiled do you have to be when simply not getting your way is an emergency?!

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        1) WTF?

(I've eaten at the mentioned Burger King before).
        Remember, we're in South Florida where people do stupid shit like this all the time.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
          Remember, we're in South Florida where people do stupid shit like this all the time.
          Which apparently applies to whomever wrote the news article as well. The story says that the Burger King "had ran out of lemonade." It should read, "had run out of lemonade.

It's a sad world when ever journalists can't use the language correctly. (But that's a rant for another place and time.)

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post
            Which apparently applies to whomever wrote the news article as well. The story says that the Burger King "had ran out of lemonade." It should read, "had run out of lemonade.

It's a sad world when ever journalists can't use the language correctly. (But that's a rant for another place and time.)
            Their first journalistic experiences probably came on a college newspaper like Diablo's, where proper grammar, spelling and punctuation seem to be non-existent.

Quoth an awesome person
            It's "had run out of lemonade", not "had ran out of lemonade."
            If you're going to report something straight off the police blotter, at least get the grammar correct.
            "Is there lemonade in jail? "
            No, but there's lots of milk.
            Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 02-08-2009, 04:30 AM.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

No, but there's lots of milk.
              and not a cow for miles... *ahem*

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post

Its the Sun Sentinel - trust me, something simple like that is expected (online and in print). They always have misspellings, bad grammar, bad punctuation, repeated words (don't they have a spell checker?).

Let alone misleading facts, wrong facts, and conflicting information in the same story.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Aaaah, dear. That's going to be my husband in about fifty years, I'm sure. He's going to be the best, most cantankerous old person ever. I know because he frequently threatens to be.

He does love his lemonade.
                  Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Or local to my family?

...I think I should be afraid. It sounds like something a family member would do.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

SC calls police over BK lemonade

This was linked from the Drudge Report.

The headline says it all:

Man calls 911 after Burger King runs out of lemonade

Original Article

By ANDREW MARRA and STEVEN BERGER

Palm Beach Post Staff Writers

Saturday, February 07, 2009

BOYNTON BEACH -- A man was charged with misusing 911 today for a midnight complaint that a Boynton Beach Burger King had run out of lemonade, police say.

Jean Fortune, 66, dialed 911 and told dispatchers he was "unhappy with his order" at the Burger King at 1521 W. Boynton Beach Blvd., according to an arrest report.

When a Boynton Beach police officer arrived, the cashier told him she had informed Fortune at the drive-thru that the store no longer served lemonade. He became angry when he picked up his order at the window and threatened to call police.

The cashier told him to "Go ahead."

The officer noted in his report that Fortune could not explain why he resorted to calling 911 for a "civil dilemma."

He was issued a notice to appear in court.

You can hear the call here.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I've merged these two threads together.
                        In future, please do a search before posting
                        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

NOOOO!! They can't be out of lemonade. However will they ward off scurvy????
                          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Working...
                          X