• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigapixel picture of the inaguration

Amazing picture:

http://gigapan.org/viewGigapanFullsc...648c2b4b06233c

From the photographer:
    "My final photo is made up of 220 Canon G10 images and the file is 59,783 X 24,658 pixels or 1,474 megapixels. It took more than six and a half hours for the Gigapan software to put together all of the images on my Macbook Pro and the completed TIF file is almost 2 gigabytes."

Just a warning - some of the "merging" isn't that great - Aretha Franklin has a goatee and a mystical hat floating in front of her.

The detail is amazing (and scary).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

For those of us who weren't there or couldn't watch it live...this is better then any book. Thanks for the find Draggar.

Comment

All I can think is...

Mega-expensive camera, mega-expensive software, obviously a professional dealing with both... And he still manages to catch Obama with his eyes closed.

Comment

That is really cool though.
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
          And he still manages to catch Obama with his eyes closed.
          I thought he always looked like that.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Wow this is neat! I'll probably spend the next hour zooming in to look at details.

I've already had a good look at the faces of the people on the balconies of the white house. (Probably Secret Service.)
            Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

That is a damned amazing feat of photography and computer imaging.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
              X