This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Pizza Scam

I don't know if anyone's posted this before but I just saw it in one of my computer classes as an example of "social engineering" & hacking. I figured it'd be good to share... as something to watch out for.

1) Follow another customer into the store and pay attention to his/her information... name, what pizza they ordered, time of day etc.

2) Wait a while and then call up claiming to be that person and that they screwed up your pizza. Accept free pizza to make up for the mistake

3) Start on a slippery slope leading towards hell

so yeah if you work in pizza keep an eye out for that one!
    beat them with sticks!

I've heard of that.... actually I think I saw a video on youtube of someone doing that...

Of course it's only something that'd work if the manager was spineless -- or the place was actually busy at that hour; not busy would mean the place would have a greater chance of remembering the person.

Comment

It's called social engineering and is a mainstay for scammers, fraud and con-artists, as well as more recently computer hackers. It relies on the old method that the easiest way to infiltrate a system is by the people behind it.

It's actually why the general motto for IT is "You'll get into MY system when you can pry the keyboard from my cold, dead hands."
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
      X