This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sob* this is why my taxes went up

OK, for those who don't know, Utah is the fraud and scam capital of the planet (seriously, the FBI lists Utah as the worst in the nation when it comes to how many people are victims of fraud when using per capita numbers)... but now we have something else to boast our shame in.
    The State of Utah (as in those people we trust with our tax dollars) was scammed out of $2.5million we are now the first state, in the history of the nation, to have a government scammed by a Nigerian scam.
    Don't believe me... check out the Salt Lake Tribune article ... it's true
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

............Um....uh....bwahahahahahahahahaha, Time for a new state government.
    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Wow. Aren't your state government officials....special.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Right then, every single person involved in that needs to be fired. *facepalm*
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Excuse me for a sec. *hahahahhahahahahahahah* thank you better

I am sorry. I thought our government was special, heck I think that is worse the California.
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Note to self: Never move to Utah.
            I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I'd like to make a note that they are also trying to force through another anti-game law at this time, only this time it cannot be enforced.

Why?

The bill states that it will fine any retailer that declares it will never sell a game to a person that is not of the recommended age to play it according to the ESRB (M rated to 17 and under, T rated to 12 and under) yet intentionally does so.

How is this useless you ask? Simple, no retailer advertises they will never sell according to those guidelines, instead they say we try to prevent it. So all a retailer has to do is say "Whoops!" and they're found not guilty. And just like the last law, this one will be fought in court by the ESA, EMA, and ECA to get it taken off the books, with pretty good chances of success.

Gotta hand it to Utah, this has got to be a new record for useless loss of money.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
                Duly noted. Now THAT is an epic fail on Utah's government.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Mind you, that doesn't bear any resemblence to any version of Nigerian scam I've ever seen. If I read that correctly, Utah was billed for some sort of work by the local University - or at least thought they were. Yes, sloppy record keeping paying $2.5m in bills you didn't incur, but not exactly Nigerian. No over-payment if you'll forward the balance on, no dead Nigerian dude leaving you money, nobody promising you a mega windfall if you'll only pay off this one last bribery fee.

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
                    Indeed. I actually wrote that down and will be taping it to my bathroom mirror. So everyday I'll remember, never move to Utah.

Comment

It's probably California trying to shore up their economy.

Eric the Grey
                      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                      X