This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://unfiltered.notalwaysright.com/post/57382766439

I know the above link is in the unfiltered section which means there is a reason it didn't make it to the main site. I believe the reason is it was just bullshit. I hate fake or embellished stories and tend to gave a long rant about them in the notes.

Comment

• Quoth PepperElf View Post
      http://notalwaysworking.com/very-bad-reception/31067

Bit of a reversal on claiming to be the boss's kid...

http://notalwaysworking.com/guessing-remotely/31065
      and in this one I understand the employee's response. The employee already said "I am off work" ... so really the customer shouldn't continue asking for where something is located.
      I like the reversal of roles with the boss's kid. However I think the Pac Man one has more to do with the employee acting weird than the customer asking for the remote. Though it would be a good deterrent on those customers who just can't comprehend, "I'm off the clock."

Comment

• http://notalwaysright.com/she-also-speaks-ironic/31121
        ooo polite yet an insult. very clever.

although I'm not sure if "unfiltered" is "not good enough" for the main site exactly. I could be wrong but I thought most stories went to unfiltered first? I know I've seen some there the end up on the main site.

http://notalwayslearning.com/high-gr...-spirits/31845
        I like this teacher's sense of humor.
        Last edited by PepperElf; 08-05-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Quoth PepperElf View Post

although I'm not sure if "unfiltered" is "not good enough" for the main site exactly. I could be wrong but I thought most stories went to unfiltered first? I know I've seen some there the end up on the main site.
          I know what you mean. When I first discovered the sites, I went through all the posts on notalwaysright.com and unfiltered.notalwaysright.com then read all the posts on notalwaysworking.com and unfiltered.notalwaysworking.com in about 2 months. The others, notalwayslearning/related/romantic I don't really read unless the other two are dead.

From what I noticed, very few stories are both in the filtered and the unfiltered sites. However, I have noticed reposting of stories in the unfiltered sites. Not just single stories but a block of stories at once like 5 or 6 in a row would be reposts from several months back. At first I thought whoever moderates accidentally reposted since they were in a block but when I looked up the first postings to make sure I wasn't experiencing deja vu they were weeks or even months apart from each other and some of them would have different headers like one would be in the USA then the repost would be in Canada or even different professions. Though the story would be exactly the same word for word.

Either someone wanted some attention and instead of making up stories they copied them from old posts and submitted them. OR the moderators weren't getting enough stories and decided to repost old ones.

I do know someone in the UK is submitting fake stories. Every so often a post will have British slang in it but it'll claim to have happen in the USA, Canada, etc. but then again a lot of stories on all the sites are fakes or embellished big time.

I'm not a nitpicker... ok maybe a little ... when something seems off I like to know why.
          Last edited by Insomnia; 08-05-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• hmm. interesting. i haven't been back to the unfiltered much of late... mainly cos tumblr sucked my soul. but likewise i'm not much interested in the romance or related sites, but i pretty much check out the working/right/learning ones frequently. just not the unfiltered.

Comment

• Quoth Insomnia View Post

Either someone wanted some attention and instead of making up stories they copied them from old posts and submitted them. OR the moderators weren't getting enough stories and decided to repost old ones.

I do know someone in the UK is submitting fake stories. Every so often a post will have British slang in it but it'll claim to have happen in the USA, Canada, etc. but then again a lot of stories on all the sites are fakes or embellished big time.

I'm not a nitpicker... ok maybe a little ... when something seems off I like to know why.
              Nope you're not a nitpicker.
              "Storytelling" sites seem to invite storytellers.

Sometimes the sheer absurdity and magnitude of the stories are entertainment enough, even when one knows the story is so badly embellished, a Hollywood screenwriter pales in comparison.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Oh, you're fine. Trust me though, we have QUITE our share of embellishments and story tellers here on our own site as well.
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

• How To Deflate The Bag

The clerk's response to what this customer said and did is absolutely perfect.
                  This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Critical about Their Marriage is Hypocritical

So nice to see an unpleasant bastard like that get his comeuppance.

A Professor Transplant

Ditto on this one.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• I was coming over here to post both of these
                      Lay your hands upon me
                      Like an angel from above
                      Put your arms around me,
                      'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

• Studiously Avoiding Responsibility

The cashier didn't want to deal with annoying college students, so he's now dealing with stoners and drunks. I think the cashier would have been better off getting fired.

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Critical about Their Marriage is Hypocritical

So nice to see an unpleasant bastard like that get his comeuppance.
                          Would have been REALLY nice if the Captain had been walking past when the guy made the comment about marriages other than in Christian churches not being valid - and if the Captain had been married at City Hall.

Never been in the military, but it's my understanding that the Navy recognizes City Hall marriages (and marriages at non-Christian houses of worship) - and that the decision to recognize such marriages was made above that officer's pay grade. In other words, he needs to butt out.

The cashier didn't want to deal with annoying college students, so he's now dealing with stoners and drunks. I think the cashier would have been better off getting fired.
                          What gets to me is that they showed the manager their RECEIPT - the guy who hates the lunch rush deleted their order from the system after they PAID FOR IT. I'm surprised the guy didn't get fired, because that's opening the restaurant up to a serious liability issue (i.e. fraud, for taking the money without delivering anything in return).
                          Last edited by wolfie; 08-26-2013, 07:37 PM. Reason: Forgot about the restaurant issue
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Promoting Health and Safety

I think this may qualify as a PWNZER.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              Promoting Health and Safety

I think this may qualify as a PWNZER.
                              The sad part of that story is that this kid will probably not be able to hold a customer service or an office job later in life.

Comment

• Starved of Soliloquys
                                Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                                I envy you the cost of your glasses. I just had to get a new pair myself because I need stronger lenses, and they cost $500, mainly because the prescription is so high.

...Yeah, I'm blind.
                                Same here. Without specs, I'm off of the 20/200 end of the scale x.x Cheapest specs I've ever gotten? $320, and that was with a BOGO sale (the lenses are what kill me; even with my big, Dib-like head, I can usually find $50 frames ). Can't afford them more than once every few years, as a result. Argh.
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X