This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson's arcade game collection

Article about Michael Jackson's huge collection of arcade games, now up for auction: http://kotaku.com/5160338/

The auction catalog, in which the games take up over 60 pages: http://www.juliensauctions.com/aucti...icatalog4.html

I have to admit he has some pretty awesome stuff. Wouldn't have pegged him for a batman guy for some reason. If I had the room and the money I would totally want a bunch of those games. (along with all of the comic book stuff :P Especially the alex ross print.)
    “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

I call dibs on the following:

Star Trek TNG Pinball (my second favorite, next to the Adams Family)
      Indiana Jones Pinball
      Ms. PacMan / Galga table
      Austin Powers Pinball
      Riplet's Pinball
      6-player X-Men
      Dig Dug
      Cryustal Caverns
      Donkey Kong
      Ms. Pacman (Stand up)
      Super Mario Brothers
      Boba Fett (P 81)

I have to admit, as much as a freak he's become I have gained a little respect for him from the video games and some of the comic statues.

Edit: Alright, the Peter Pan chair is a little... wrong...
      Last edited by draggar; 02-26-2009, 11:31 AM.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
        Wouldn't have pegged him for a batman guy for some reason.
        I'm one of the biggest Batman fans here. If not the biggest. So take to heart what I say. I know all the jokes on Batman.

The best one being, that lots of people took to heart in the 50s due to Fredric Wertham proclaiming that Batman and Robin were lovers.

What does batman due alot? Take in Orphan kids. Not out of love, but because he never had a chance to really grow up or have friends that age. He did it because he wants to push them to their limits, to grow stronger, and to have justice.

So yeah, I can see Michael Jackson liking batman, because he loves kids. Now I'm not going into what he may or maynot have done, but he did have a screwy childhood. He may very well not have done anything. Just wanted young friends. To maybe even take in an appretence.

EDIT:
        My god.... I ... I never wished so hard to be his son. Image, waking up every weekend.... to that arcade.
        Last edited by Plaidman; 02-26-2009, 03:24 PM.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

What does batman due alot? Take in Orphan kids. Not out of love, but because he never had a chance to really grow up or have friends that age. He did it because he wants to push them to their limits, to grow stronger, and to have justice.
          Makes sense. I never gave it that much thought actually. (Really I have an OMG want reaction to a lot of comic book things. :P)
          “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

not sure if i could put aside the creepiness factors for anything on the list though

Comment

That is possibly the most awesome collection I have ever seen.
              If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Working...
              X